1932 Sedan (Hammered)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dirty's Hot Rods

Well i acquired this car out of Arkansas about three months ago. I cut the top 5.5 inches in the back and 5 in the front. It hsould have around a 5" windshield when it is all said and done. Gonna be running a 54 Studebaker V8 mated to a 39 Trans with 40 rearend. Going alittle backwards on this one than I usually do but I got the parts so here we go. Here some pics

The start

DSCF4786.jpg

Cutting the top

DirtySedanChopp07010.jpg

DirtySedanChopp07017.jpg

DirtySedanChopp07046.jpg

Yep, your knife works good too. That's going to be awesome, but does it make you nervous to perform radical surgury on a duece ?

Much better profile now. Funny how a little off the top really makes a difference. Nice job. :) I agree, I'd be nervous cutting up a Deuce too. :)

Don

Well I got the doors of the post leaned back and the back window sectioned and chopped

DirtySedanChopp07017-1.jpg

DirtySedanChopp07020-1.jpg

DirtySedanChopp07007.jpg

Thanks for all the commments

Rusty

Rusty, what did you end up doing on the passenger side at the back belt line? Did it go into place or did you have to put in the piece like we were discussing sat.? Front post look good. I like the size of the back window. Did danny make the trip? TP

tp

Gonna have to add a strip like we talked. Yes pops made the trip, the race is on

Rusty

Keep them coming, this is looking great. What is the dash I see laying inside in one shot and what are your plans for the chassis. Are you keeping it a high boy, or channeling it to the ground?

Okay guys the plan is nothing newer than 54. Motor is going to be a 54 studebaker topped with a weiand 2x2 intake with 2 Holley 94;s backed with a 39 tranny and chrome 40 rearend. Gonna stay highboy hopefully. Frame is prretty much stock with the exception of somoene at some time change the stock front for a early A front. Anyhow I got the drivers side door just about fitted up last night. Hopefully get a good start on the passenger side tonight. It is coming together finally. I got to go out of town this weekend but will hopefully get back on it Sunday night. ROUNDUP 08 OR BUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rusty

Startingto lay the post back
DirtySedanChopp07003.jpg

DirtySedanChopp07005-1.jpg

DirtySedanChopp07008.jpg

Side profile
DirtySedanChopp07007.jpg

Thanks everyone, those are sheetmetal clamps from Harbor freight tool, really cheap and good helpers

Rusty

Latest posts

Back