'Lil red wagon build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Ok, Herself opened the door (ck her wagon out or maybe she'll post it here too)... anyway I'll go ahead and start posting the progress of my wagon that will be a companion piece for my flat black ratty '41 Ford PU. Hey... what do u think a truck is for? I have plenty planned for this one & have another one in the works that I'll post later. On wit it...

Oh yeah, ck the Bonehead's shifter knob!

BoB

Attachments

• wagonwhandle.jpg
    wagonwhandle.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 93
  • wagonvert.jpg
    wagonvert.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 75
I also have one that I am going to make a frame for and make it a Little Rat Wagon.Real low.I am still trying to figure out how am going to the rear kick up without it being inside the wagon.

Wag on!!!

I also have one that I am going to make a frame for and make it a Little Rat Wagon.Real low.I am still trying to figure out how am going to the rear kick up without it being inside the wagon.

Mastr,
I'm workin on both ways... I'm gonna channel one & Z the other. Dang, next thing u know... I'll need a new garage 4 my wagons!!! Can't wait to see what u come up with!

BoB

Since it's just a wagon and strength isn't a real issue, how about you drop the axles a bunch.

Git it on down!

Since it's just a wagon and strength isn't a real issue, how about you drop the axles a bunch.

Gastrick,
Just gonna drill holes in the back but the front steering is another issue but I think I have it licked!?

BoB

Low Wagon

Have you looked a front lawnmower axel turned upside down to get your drop?
That is what I have planed for my wagon
I am looking for an old wagon body to build
Mite just go bye a new one:cool:

Gastrick,
Just gonna drill holes in the back but the front steering is another issue but I think I have it licked!?

BoB

If you build a stretched frame you can still use the existing steering.Instead of having it under the wagon it will be out front.I had seen one done like that at the swap meet this year.

Wagons

Here are some ideals :eek:

Attachments

• 47b0_1.jpg
    47b0_1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 5fb6_0.jpg
    5fb6_0.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 189
  • 57bd_0.jpg
    57bd_0.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 188
  • 3b11_1.jpg
    3b11_1.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 57
Last edited by a moderator:
Murray Wagon

I have a Murray brand wagon from the late 40's or early 50's. It is a different design than the radio flyers. It is made from thick stamped sheet metal and the side profile is thicker in the front and swoops down as you look toward the back. I just wanted something unique to take around the swap meets that was smooth and quite. After looking at parts and pieces to make axles and steering (including wheels and bearings), I found it easier and cheaper to go to Lowes and buy a new garden wagon (made of out expanded metal) and rob all the steering, axles, and hardware from it. I then exchanged the old steering and axles from the original wagon (probably should not have done that), and sold the reassembled new expanded metal wagon with the old hardware at a swap meet. The new Murray wagon now is higher up, has bearings, and pulls very smooth and quiet. It turns a bunch of heads and I get asked if I would sell it all the time. Oh and I painted it with POR-15 so it is a nice glossy black. I will post a pic when I get a chance.

OK so I have a wagon with some busted wheels and was thinkin' of doing a wagon for the kids to ride at shows. Just wondering if this ever got finished or what. NEED PIC.S if it did. Thanks.....

I built this one for my grandson. He's got a yard kart so this don't need a engine. This is a gravity racer man!

56chebyman009-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back