got a free frame

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grunt2001

Well ladies and gents it has been forever since i posted here. I have a question a guy in my town gave me this frame and i am having a hard time trying to decide what the heck it is. So please help i am leaning toward 33-34 ford perhaps?
IMG_6813.jpg

IMG_6812.jpg

IMG_6811.jpg

I think you are right and you did good, those are cool. Here is a picture of a 33-34 frame, sure looks like yours. If you wanted to you could remake those cut off front horns pretty easy.

Don

IMG_1816.jpg

If you don't care about bringing it back to it's original form with horns on the front, I would simply replace that skinny front crossmember with a proper one of 2 3/4 to 3 inch round tubing and tie it into the side rails. You won't lose any wheelbase length because it looks like they put that crossmember where the original sat, and a perch on the front of the round tube will gain you a few inches actually.

Can't tell from the pictures how well the boxing was done, but it looks ok. Just make sure the frame is 100% square and level before you add any crossmembers. Looks like a good start to me, and you certainly didn't overpay ! :D

Don

From corner to corner its 12 ft 1.5 in and perfectly square. I have never taken on a project of this magnitude.With this frame what do you think would look better a 40s sumting truck cab or find 27-29 coupe etc what do you think about running a 32-34 4 bar for ford/chevy spindals? Is there any rat builds on here using a 33-34 frame? Thanks a bunch guys for in put i am a sponge i have been in love with rats for many years and i am a welder by trade so i hope to do it safe and make it dead sexy lol. Any input or direction is 100% recomended and appreciated

Latest posts

Back