Chevrolet Rpu proj

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humfleet

Well, I have started on the chevy RPU project. I have made the door and back pieces with a bench vise, 4" grinder'cutter and a bead roller.

I need some feedback on my work so far. some pics of some roadsters similar to this would be nice as well. anything would be appreciated :cool:Thanks

Attachments

• 053.JPG
    053.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 054.JPG
    054.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 055.JPG
    055.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 056.JPG
    056.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 80
My plans are to go straight across, easier, quicker and all that. I plan on putting some kind of bead pattern, Possibly rounded squares across the back for strength first off but I want it to lookk good to. :cool:

Did Someone Say Homemade?

There is nothing I'd rather see than homemade. Looks like you got a good start on a RPU. Keep up the good work and post more pictures. Did I say I liked homemade.

Holy Cow!:eek:
That's cool- that's pretty much the same thing I'm building!
What year is your cowl?- looks like you had to do some pretty serious work to it.
I like where you are headed..

I gotta get some updates on mine put up on here, but you can see my build in this same section.

Keep cranking- maybe we can inspire each other!

Jay

I have a 34' Chevy cowl that I have been hem hawwing about for a while... I also have the doors.

I will be watching your thread closely for ideas!:D Good job!

I need some feedback on my work so far. some pics of some roadsters similar to this would be nice as well. anything would be appreciated :cool:Thanks

Looks really good. Nice proportions and lines. You asked for similar roadsters, here are a few pictures of my Kid's '29. He started with a fordor sedan and changed his mind in midbuild. It is now a roadster pickup like yours.

He had it about done and tore it all apart to go another direction. Tonight he and I did more work on building his new frame, and it is coming along pretty well.

Don

Attachments

• dans rpu cab framework started.jpg
    dans rpu cab framework started.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 41
  • dans rpu interior welded 001.jpg
    dans rpu interior welded 001.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 27
  • dans rpu interior welded 006.jpg
    dans rpu interior welded 006.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 19
  • dans tunnel 9.jpg
    dans tunnel 9.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 33
  • dan sitting his RP.jpg
    dan sitting his RP.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 43
Looks really good. Nice proportions and lines. You asked for similar roadsters, here are a few pictures of my Kid's '29. He started with a fordor sedan and changed his mind in midbuild. It is now a roadster pickup like yours.

He had it about done and tore it all apart to go another direction. Tonight he and I did more work on building his new frame, and it is coming along pretty well.

Don

I want to see the new frame?

Hey, thanks everyone I am glad to hear you all like it. Today I am going to work on the floor and bracing. I'll get back to you....:cool:

off to a good start

Lookin good , Tip. Make it big enough to be comfortable, both front and back will sag in when both doors are open so design in some good cab to frame supports to keep this from happening. Another artrod in the makingLFE

Latest posts

Back