what did i find? help truck identifying masters.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantwell.colton

Rat Rod Philosopher
identifytruck.png

early chevy?

Looking at the cab I would say it started as a sedan and was cut down into a truck cab, from the picture it looks like some pieces are welded in on the roof and at the door jamb. This happened alot during WWII for gas rations. going with 1930 chevy sedan cut down.

Attachments

• 1931chevysedan004.jpg
    1931chevysedan004.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 1931chevysedan008.jpg
    1931chevysedan008.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
WOW just take all the parts you can,look at that grill the head light cans..I keep a battery powered saws all in my pocket for that reason.

A good find for sure.. Trying to determine ownerships... Seems as though it was on a friends grandfathers land when he bought the land and while replacing all the fences he found the fence was about 15 feet too far south so when he built the new fence 15 feet north it put the truck on the other side of the fence -- he didn't bother to move it bc he didn't think anyone would ever evn think twice about it piled up in the brush like that .. Just an old broke down truck... But as it sits it's on the wrong side of the fence and gpa doesn't wanna start any issues with the neighbors since its on their property now but those folks don't live there and come around only from time to time... And apparently don't answer or return phone calls either ...

Looking at the cab I would say it started as a sedan and was cut down into a truck cab, from the picture it looks like some pieces are welded in on the roof and at the door jamb. This happened alot during WWII for gas rations. going with 1930 chevy sedan cut down.

It's odd you bring this up ... I didn't take the pictures my friend did .. But he was curios aero why there was no sign of a bed .. I didn't know - ill have to ask him if he saw anything that might suggest this ... Wouldn't that be something else ... A true piece of American history

It's odd you bring this up ... I didn't take the pictures my friend did .. But he was curios aero why there was no sign of a bed .. I didn't know - ill have to ask him if he saw anything that might suggest this ... Wouldn't that be something else ... A true piece of American history

Move the fence back, uproot the truck, move the fence back

See if he can get a side shot of the cab.

Grille is '31 Chevy car.

I think GJunktion has it figgered out, a cut sedan.

He said yup looked like a v was cut into the roof and the lip was folded over the windshield frame and rivoted on like that ... You guys are amazing at this lol he thought that ration thing was the coolest thing ever - small historical lesson of the day I suppose

i had read up on that before -- crazy that we stumbled across one
and it seems to be that they did an alright job on it as well .. as far as rivots go.

WOW just take all the parts you can,look at that grill the head light cans..I keep a battery powered saws all in my pocket for that reason.

:( you cut apart whole cars like that..........???? :(

... Wouldn't that be something else ... A true piece of American history

Aren't they all????? In any case it looks like you found your next project. I would push and shove all I had to so get that baby on to my trailer and out of there.

I am a little late to the discussion but my vote is definitely for cut down 30-33 chevy sedan..

No matter what it is you should try to save it

Latest posts

Back