What is this???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R_CK_R

Can anybody tell me which functions the mirror has?

and what is this big thing left on the dash?

Thanks

Attachments

• 06ae48cd.m.jpg
    06ae48cd.m.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 98
  • bccfe0e8.m.jpg
    bccfe0e8.m.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 103
and that means? the headlights dim automatic when its bright?

Yes... Basically they detect the headlights of other cars and they dim your headlights automatically so you don't blind oncoming drivers with your brights activated. I think some of them automatically turned on your headlights when it got dark.

Last edited:
That steering wheel is about as bad as they come !! Man it is cool. I bet that wheel alone is worth some money to some restorer.

Don

At least I'm not the only one awake:D

Am I right is that the spinner built into the steering wheel (I have only seen that once and it was very similar) or is it another type of accessorie?

Yep, there was one that was an option on (I think) an early 50's Chevy that had a spinner built into the horn ring, and those go for big money.

Don

Yep, being old I only need a few hours sleep at night. :eek:

I just did some internet checking and that 1952 Olds wheel is an option and had a swiss movement clock built into it. Restored they go for about $2500 !!!! :eek: I wonder if our friend in Germany knows that ?

Here is an aftermarket repopped one and it is worth $1400 !!!!!!

http://www.kochssteeringwheels.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=2&idproduct=140

Don

2500$????? i did not know that! i knew that it has a clock in the steering wheel but i never thought it would be worth so much!!! :cool:

Yes, on Ebay a man was selling one of those wheels that needs restoration for $ 550 and he said in restored condition they bring $ 2500. Plus, I see the clocks themselves being sold for $ 275 on Ebay.

I felt it might be pricey because I have never seen one like that. Your Olds must be a very heavily optioned car if it has that wheel, and other stuff like the automatic headlight dimmer.

You better put a lock on that steering wheel ! :D

Don

Latest posts

Back