Help identifying this hemi

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReoRatRod

we bought a 1953 ford F-600 the ford motor was taken out and they had put a hemi in it and I'm trying to figure out what size the motor is i figured i should post some pics up on here and see if any hemi guys on here know what it would be

Attachments

• DSCF0258.jpg
    DSCF0258.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCF0259.jpg
    DSCF0259.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF0260.jpg
    DSCF0260.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 62
Can you post the STAMPED number that's at the top/front of the engine right in front of the valley cover. It should be near that filler tube. If you can do that, I'll tell you exactly what it is.

Can you post the STAMPED number that's at the top/front of the engine right in front of the valley cover. It should be near that filler tube. If you can do that, I'll tell you exactly what it is.

i looked where you told me to look the number i found was 19590

As above the serial will give you the year, the first two digits after the letters are the year, so the above pic would be a 1957 model, serial 7513. I used to have the Hemi book, and I could tell you more if I had the whole serial number with the letters as everyone above is asking for.

As above the serial will give you the year, the first two digits after the letters are the year, so the above pic would be a 1957 model, serial 7513. I used to have the Hemi book, and I could tell you more if I had the whole serial number with the letters as everyone above is asking for.

Yea, the one above is a 57 Chrysler 392 out of an Imperial. I have the reference book.

Looks like it mounts under the water pump, no side mount bosses? If so it's a Dodge Red Ram, 241 or 270. It's a truck engine, has the high water pump and fan.

Latest posts

Back