miss placed my vin plate

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psycho sean

Somehow my dumb@$$ have managed to loose the vin plate for my truck. It was removed when I got the truck and during all the fab work and assembly its came up missing dose anyone know how hard it is to get a new one in Ohio can I make one legally the truck is licensed and registered in my name and has been since I got it I just don't want any trouble if I ever get in a vehicle check or goto sell it[S"

Chances are that a cop will never know where to look or how it's suppose to look if it ever needed to be looked for if it's a older truck. I would've just make a new one or not worry about it. That's just me though.

Lol probably not if its not in the window the are lost guess they don't know to open the door but they would be lost doing that on my truck too so I guess I should be good then[ddd

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. You never know when or where it's going to happen, but sooner or later you will need to prove the truck's ID. I would seek the advice of an Ohio rod club and see what is legal in your state. A reproduction tag with the correct serial # might be acceptable, but I would find out before an incident forces the issue.

http://www.chevsofthe40s.com/detail/7290/Chevrolet_Data_Plate_Metal_Door_Post_12_Ton.html

Dr. Crank's theory of vehicular polarity:

Drunks and text-fiends are not attracted to your minivan. They are, however, fatally attracted to your ratrod, hotrod or custom. (Guess which one they run into?)

Good luck and be careful out there.

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. You never know when or where it's going to happen, but sooner or later you will need to prove the truck's ID. I would seek the advice of an Ohio rod club and see what is legal in your state. A reproduction tag with the correct serial # might be acceptable, but I would find out before an incident forces the issue.

http://www.chevsofthe40s.com/detail/7290/Chevrolet_Data_Plate_Metal_Door_Post_12_Ton.html

Dr. Crank's theory of vehicular polarity:

Drunks and text-fiends are not attracted to your minivan. They are, however, fatally attracted to your ratrod, hotrod or custom. (Guess which one they run into?)

Good luck and be careful out there.
my good dr. I do believe that is really good advice allot of people assume that all rat rods are unsafe and not legal 100% and I try to build opposite of that belief I'm trying to preserve what I consider to be a true art form and don't want to draw negative attention to my self or others.

Sorry I saw this a little late. This happened to me when I had my Impala. Don't know how it is in Ohio, but this is what I had to do(NYS). I had to find any and ALL proof that I owned the car. I had to bring reg, insurance card, even some build pics, which they said was helpful. I got the engine from a friend and the tranny from a scrap yard. I had to take it to a inspection station where I HAD to drive it in myself. They checked the numbers on the frame, engine, tranny to make sure it wasn't stolen. All things checked out, and I was given a new vin issued by NYS.

Latest posts

Back