Dodge/Chevy/GMC/Plymouth

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

falconvan

Hey ya'll; I'm new to the forum. I had little interest in ratrods until about 5 months ago. I was building a 1947 Plymouth street rod and ran out of $$. I had a 48 Dodge parts car with a running flathead six and a solid frame. I figured I could build something out of it to sell so I could keep working on my Plymouth. I scored a 54 GMC cab from a local boneyard for a few hundred bux. Then I started selling parts off of the Dodge that I wasn't going to use on Ebay and using the cash to buy stuff I needed like a grille, headlights, brake rebuild parts, etc, etc... So far it's a mix of Dodge, Plymouth, GMC, and Chevy parts left over from old projects. Now I understand why you all like this kind of build. It's come together fast for very little cash and has been a lot of fun so far. I may have to keep it a while. I just finished lowering the front, rebuilding the brakes, and putting it back together. Now I'll start on the rearend. Great site, you guys have some cool looking rides!

Attachments

• dodge3.jpg
    dodge3.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0801.JPG
    IMG_0801.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0802.JPG
    IMG_0802.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 100_0332.jpg
    100_0332.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0922.JPG
    IMG_0922.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 107
A few more pix....

Attachments

• IMG_0927.JPG
    IMG_0927.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0965.JPG
    IMG_0965.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0966.JPG
    IMG_0966.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0995.JPG
    IMG_0995.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0992.JPG
    IMG_0992.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 111
Nice rides!

Falcon,
Nice rides & looks like u got it goin' on! Welcome & b sure 2 keep us posted!!! Nice cab find & I love the interior & dash too!

BoB

Nice Project.....

Nice project, Falconvan. What ever works for your build is half the fun.
My roadster is Dodge body, Ford frame and running gear, and Chevy engine and tranny.
And whatever else works (current gas tank from a diesel something) ....:D
Welcome to "the site" and keep posting the progress photos. '22

Cool lookin project you got going there....

My only question is...(Why sell it)...Looks like it will be loads of fun when its done.

Welcome to RRR.....

Thanks for all the kudos! I'd planned on selling it to finish my 47 Plymouth. I've got a lot of time and $$ in that one; BUT...I really do like this thing so it may have to stay around awhile. I've got plenty of low cost work I can do on the Plymouth for a while. :DThis past summer was the first year in a long time that I didn't have some kind of rod on the road and it drove me nuts. Hopefully this will be done by early spring.

Nice job on the truck so far. Start a thread on the Plymouth if you got pics. I can always use ideas for mine. :D

I got a little work done this weekend. I bought a 94 Firebird for my stepson so we spent part of a day putting on brakes, doing a tuneup, etc, etc..He's a quick learner. He's going for his learner's permit next week so look out for a blue Firebird if your driving near Festus.:D
Anyway, I got my new windshield in, put the intake/exhaust manifolds back on the motor, and stripped the rear frame and painted it. No picture of that, the camera died. Now I need to look for a set of rear springs that will lower it about 3". Both the stock ones were broke. I'm thinking minivan springs; I'll have to make a boneyard trip and see what measures right. Happy new year, guys.

Attachments

• IMG_1001.JPG
    IMG_1001.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1002.JPG
    IMG_1002.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 50
Looking really good, especially like the red color on interior. :) You summed up rat rods in one word.........FUN. Sometimes building a hot rod can turn out to be like a job, but one like this puts the fun back in it.

Keep us posted.

Don

It's definately a cool way to go; fabricating almost everything. Cool avatar, Cycledog. I've got a couple of dumb cats myself. They're pretty entertaining.

Hey everyone,
I got a decent weekend's work in; nothing really worthy of pics but good progress. We had 19 degrees outside on Wednesday, 40 on Friday, and 60-65 on Saturday and Sunday! I took advantage of it and cleaned and painted a bunch of small parts like steering wheel, glovebox door, ashtray, headlight buckets, heater box, and misc engine brackets. Also hooked up the front brakelines and ordered tuneup parts. I was suprised that Advance Auto Parts could get a lot of the stuff cheaper than other places I'd checked. Free shipping, too. I'll post a few updated pics next week, everybody enjoy the first full work week in a while!

OK, couldn't pass this one up. 1950 Dodge, good body & glass, minimal floor & rocker rust, complete drivetrain with engine in pieces; only $260 bux! I'm going to save some parts for myself and part the rest out for $$$.:D

Attachments

• 9a0c_1.jpg
    9a0c_1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 45
Lots done over the last few days, got some more glass in, the motor is together, the dash is together, just put front brakelines on, and I'm taking the rear springs from the 50 Dodge I bought for parts to get the rearend mounted. Also using the radiator from the 50, it looks pretty good. Spring fever is settin' in, hopefully this thing will be on the road in a couple of months.

Attachments

• IMG_1016.JPG
    IMG_1016.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1017.JPG
    IMG_1017.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1018.JPG
    IMG_1018.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 30
I cant really call it progress but I did throw the springs and rear in it yesterday so I could roll it outside. My son has to put a trans in his truck and it was too cold to work outside. I'm going to lower the rear another 2" but here's an idea of what it's going to look like.

Attachments

• IMG_1020.JPG
    IMG_1020.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1021.JPG
    IMG_1021.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 36

Latest posts

Back