Chevy body, how much to offer?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowazzlt1

Hi guys,
I stumbled upon this the other day. After a google image search, I am pretty sure it's a chevy , but not sure what year. anyway, it looks like it's in decent shape for the start of my parts collection. obviously need a cowl and doors, but in your opinions, what do you think this shell is worth? Not even sure what the owner would want for it, I haven't asked yet. Just snuck around and ninja'd a pic. I want to know what I'm dealing with before I talk to the guy.
what would you offer in the Northeast region?

30chevy.jpg

I guess in my opinion it all depends on what you are going to use from it, if its just the body, to me its not worth a whole lot missing doors and a cowl which you need...

Around here, people think they have gold when they have a body like that, rather irritating....
Best bet is to see if its even for sale and feel out the guy and how he values the stuff he's got.
If he kept something like that around, chances are he thinks its worth some coin, even though its worth about what scrap would pay...

I think you're looking at a 31

I think you're right.

Like DR said, value depends on your plans. Without doors and a cowl, it's relatively worthless... unless you have the front half of a '31 Chevy laying around. :D

The cowl/windshield frames are different in '30 and '32. So are the doors. Just some things to consider if you choose to negotiate...

You guys are the best[cl thanks for the quick reply and good info. Sounds like scrap price is where I'm at. I thought it might be cool to throw a different cowl on there as long as it matched up, but that may be more work than it's worth.

Doors are probably gonna be the hardest to find.
The cowl from any 31 will work. (Coupe, 4 door or two door)

Latest posts

Back