Pennsylvania guys past and present...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr Crankenstein

Rocket Surgeon
Is it possible to trace an old title? I have a tag from an old dragster trailer and it has a title # on it. I would love to know the car's history and this is the only real clue I have...

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0967.JPG
    IMG_0967.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 68
did they license the drag car as a trailer and tow it to the track?

interesting...

Thanks for the PM Ron.

did they license the drag car as a trailer and tow it to the track?

interesting...

No Torch. The car came on a trailer purpose built for the car. Since there's no ID of any sort on the car, I'm hoping to track the trailer tag. If by some miracle that happens, I will have the car's builder, presumably. [S

DrC the last 6 number should be the assigned vin# issued by the state and you should be able to have a title search done. The only thing is you will only get back info on the last person that titled it or worse case they purged the title info and would not have any record of it. Look up Penn state dmv and look for info for a title search that should get you started.

Thanks GJ. I'll look into it...

Hmm. Now I remember visiting the DMV site a few years ago. Bust. "Vehicle record information is available for the past 10 years only"

Last edited:
Same here in MI..10 years no activity and gone...

Thanks GJ. I'll look into it...

Hmm. Now I remember visiting the DMV site a few years ago. Bust. "Vehicle record information is available for the past 10 years only"

some states have microfiche files too but not many now.....

Latest posts

Back