Need Help identifying headlights

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Secret Squirrel

I bought a 1931 Model A Ford PU with these headlight on it. The body was pieced together from a whole bunch of different stuff for "Yard Art". I would like to find replacement rings for these head lights because the old ones are pretty busted up. Problem is I can find any thing like them. The rings are held in place with one bolt on the bottom that goes through the front of the ring. Anybody know what thes might be? They measure 9" in diameter and about 7" deep. The lens says "Spreadlight" on it.

Attachments

• pic44.jpg
    pic44.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 26
  • pic45.jpg
    pic45.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 21
  • pic46.jpg
    pic46.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 21
  • pic47.jpg
    pic47.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 20
I'm not sure about what car those lights came on - likely 1920's. It looks like the headlight rings are brass so they aren't too hard to fix by soldering them together on the backside. Hammer and smooth out any dings or deformities, clean the surface(s) to receive solder really well. You can use some large hose clamps joined together as a strap clamp around the outside to pull the cracks together. You may also want to scab small pieces of brass or copper sheet on the backside of the soldered joints to bridge the cracks and make them more solid. Buff the excess solder off the front sides and you're done! The silver plating on them is probably nickel and should buff off fairly easily so you can buff the brass to a nice shine (or not?).

Thanks! I didn't think to solder them. I think you are right, they could be brass. I was polishing one of the reflectors and it appeared to be brass colored.

Latest posts

Back