Gathering Parts

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Gussett

Yep... he can do it!
Live in the hilly country of Chillicothe Ohio.
I'm gathering parts for my "next" project and thought I'd post some pics of what I have so far.The "cab" is actually a 32 Chevy two-door sedan parts.
I have no chevy doors or rear window so I am going to use the sides which will be switched side for side for the back of the cab.I bought 2 doors from a 29 Ford sedan(not picked them up yet)And that will make the "cab"!
I bought a set of 30-31 Ford front fenders and one rear(The rear I may not use but use something else) and a 30-31 Ford hood/side panels.That will be the front half.I also acquired an all original model A truck bed(not picked up yet).I have 4- 34 Ford wire wheels too.The frame I will build from scratch from 2x4 tube.The engine will be a 2000 or newer Toyota w/5 speed trans from a Toyota pickup.I plan to buy a Fatman fab. front IFS and run the Toyota rear with 4-link.
I am wanting to build a rat (on the outside) and economy ride on the inside with air and all the goodies.This will be my "daily driver" I won't be starting on the build for a while but will keep you posted when I do!

Attachments

• truck and sedan.jpg
    truck and sedan.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 35
  • truck cab side dr.jpg
    truck cab side dr.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 42
  • truck hood and fenders.jpg
    truck hood and fenders.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 28
  • truck cab rear dr.jpg
    truck cab rear dr.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 29
  • truck wire wheels.jpg
    truck wire wheels.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 18
Hi Tim...new project parts is lookin good and so is the c-dan in background. Got pictures of the sedan somewhere on the site?
Fuzz

Mr. Gussett, I think your ford-chevy cab should look good. Acording to the owner the pic is of a dodge-chevy cab. It amazes me how 20's and 30's body parts can be welded together. And most of the time there a close fit. Keep us posted on your progress.

Attachments

• trat.JPG
    trat.JPG
    189 KB · Views: 50

Latest posts

Back