Heres where I came from

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildman

As I have mentoned in a couple posts, I am new to building rods, and things that go fast. I have helped with a few buddies projects but this willl be my first custom street rig.

So, I thought I woul dthrow a few pics of what has been in and outa my shop in the last few (and more) years.

Besides my work junk (I am a landscaper)

I have a mid 80's (its such a mutt I dont even know anymore, titled as an 86) Toyota PU
from from to back, the list reads
38.5 swamper SX's on DIY beadlocked wheels, with 1.5in wheel spacers
12.5K hydro mile marker winch
hydro assist stearing, hysteer using chevy 1ton stuff
locker in the front
chromo axels and CV shafts
toyota 22re engine, .30 over with cam and forged pisons. a whoping 135hp :)
F/R 1/4in wall driveshafts
Dual T-cases (soon to have a 4.7:1 kit should bring me down to over 120:1 final drive ratio)
spooled rear
disk breaks all around
Full cage
Gumby co-pilot :cool:

72 Land crusier FJ40 factory soft top model (this ones hers)
Its also a bit further along than what it apears inthe pics but seeing as how my camera is among the missing....

Frame up build,
3/16in (yea thats right) body tub, 1/8in floor, almost no sheet metal left.
2.5in BDS susp lift
33X12.5 in tires flat centerline mags
galvinized frame, soon to be painted 'surf blue' Vortexed tub, and other misc pieces
full cage (some day)
stock engine, did a 4spd swap to get a better gear range, with an older tcase for added low rage gear :smokin:
I want to have it done for the summer to cruze the beach, so it wont have a full top for a while, but it will be running and driving.
:cool:

Attachments

• IMGP1273.JPG
    IMGP1273.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMGP1507-1.jpg
    IMGP1507-1.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMGP1508-1.jpg
    IMGP1508-1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Couple more of last fall in NH wheeling with the Yankee toys 4x4 club.
This was an excellent trip. (yes we were the yahoos over in the corner stacking up) ;)

Attachments

• DSC_0651.jpg
    DSC_0651.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC_0682.jpg
    DSC_0682.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 40
so i see there really is rockcrawling in mass ,:D,good to see a fellow 4 wheeler getting into rods also,got a stretched cj that i've been working on for what seems like forever got some "tons"going under it ,see ya around

Import!

We'd have to import some rocks to do that kinda stuff here in H-town. Highest hill in town is the freeway overpass!!! ; - >

BoB

There are a bunch of us that have been into, or are into Rock crawling and wheeling here. I have found it to be a natural because of the fabrication, and challange of building something to perform. Cool looking rides!

so i see there really is rockcrawling in mass ,:D,good to see a fellow 4 wheeler getting into rods also,got a stretched cj that i've been working on for what seems like forever got some "tons"going under it ,see ya around

Yep there are a few, not where I am (unless I push them around with the bobcat) But We head up to the western part of the state, NH, VT, ME and there are some good trails.

Check out www.neow.org for some wheeling pics, and heres a Utube link.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=rabidfj40

nice build

i just sold my XJ to build my 55 f100

i belong to central alabama offroad society

www,caos4x4.com

nice, i also am a ex wheeler. had a few that were pretty fun.
had a wrangler on 35's, and 80 toy on 35" krawlers with a 5mge(supra 6) in it, locked on both ends. last was a olive drab sidekick with a cage on 33's.
just wanted a change and will build another rig later on. already have the idea in my melon.

Latest posts

Back