No VIN Numbers

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soreback

I have a problem with a 1949 Pontiac 2 door fastback I bought about 10 years ago with a bill of sale. I pulled it out of a blackberry thicket and gave the property owner 200 bux, and was tickled.:D
I went to the DMV to see what I needed to do about a title. I couldn't find a VIN anywhere on the car. DMV guy looked in a huge dust covered book and told me it was stamped on the front passenger side of the frame and on a plate on the drivers door jamb.
Well now I am screwed because the door tag was missing and the frame had a crappy frame graft done to it.:(
I bought a "historical" title but that doesn't really help as the car will still have to have a VIN number in the proper place.
Now I am thinking of retireing and want to build that "dream car" Anyone have any ideas?

Find another car and use the frame and tag off of it. I didn't tell you that and you don't tell anybody else, either.[ddd

Check on top of the frame drivers side. Could be anywhere from the front to the back.
Olds stamped theirs there.

I am going to go over the frame again hoping to find something. I guess I could by another car to get the frame but that seems kind of a rough road to go as I don't see these cars that often. Thanks just the same for your help.

Latest posts

Back