title needed....who has good references?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrodney

Might be doin some spring cleaning. I may need (if i cant get mine right) a title for a 54 or comparible international truck.
I need one thats clear and can be converted to my name ( or a buyers name) with no issues. Thats what problem i have now.
Any good trustable references are appreciated. Tnx.RR

What you need is a "historical document" not a title. Maybe that's why no one has responded.:D

I wouldn't call it fraud. the law is different in every state.
Some states respect your rights, others violate them to make the laws easier to enforce.

California has a reputation as being communist but California law only restricts licensed businesses from removing and replacing a title... businesses not individuals...

So long as the person messing with the vin owns the vehicles being used and he files a statement of facts with the state that he had to meddle with it, he's totally within the law.

In Nebraska to get a reconstructed vehicle title you need a historical document and the matching numbers have to be somewhere on the body or the frame...
then the State issues you a new vin tag with a new Nebraska VIN and instructs you to remove and discard the original manufacturer's vin.

If you have a vin with matching numbers somewhere on the frame you get a reconstructed vehicle title.
Reconstructed vehicles are titled as per the original date of manufacture.
If all you have are receipts for materials and proof you fabricated a significant portion of the vehicle then you get a home built title.
Manufactured or Home Built vehicles are titled as current year creations.

Amen brother!!!

With your gift of gab, you're bound to be either a lawyer or preacher at heart. I love reading your comments! Proceed.....

POPS

Not really fraud. I actually own it and its legit. Just had a hold on it and the guy who owned it has to go with me to take it off but hes old and cant ever make it.
its just easier since its a 60 year old truck and the only thing off it i used was the cab to get a title from another maybe crushed vehicle. RR

My buddies and I bought an 88 ford f250 extended cab diesel to scrap out. it had no title.
one buddy bought it off flea bay for the engine, the tranny was shot.
I bought it and sold the box off it and my other buddy took the cab for himself.
he put the 88 cab on his 79 4x4 supercab dumptruck chassis.
he left the old 79 cab sitting in the dump box. I asked him why he wasn't scrapping it he said because he has to get it running first.
he said "the rules say you have to have a title and some part of the car showing the same number so there it is"
I said but it's not a part of the truck
Terry said "is it on the truck" I said well yeah technically
he said they don't care as long as they can see what the title came from to check the numbers so here's the cab with the vin...and there is the chassis it came off of...
Evidently he has done this several times putting the remains of the donor in the bed for the inspectors to check the vin

So if Ohio has similar rules maybe you can just buy another junker with a title and use the frame that goes with the title to get your new VIN plate and Ohio title

Tman you never cease to amaze me.....

My buddies and I bought an 88 ford f250 extended cab diesel to scrap out. it had no title.
one buddy bought it off flea bay for the engine, the tranny was shot.
I bought it and sold the box off it and my other buddy took the cab for himself.
he put the 88 cab on his 79 4x4 supercab dumptruck chassis.
he left the old 79 cab sitting in the dump box. I asked him why he wasn't scrapping it he said because he has to get it running first.
he said "the rules say you have to have a title and some part of the car showing the same number so there it is"
I said but it's not a part of the truck
Terry said "is it on the truck" I said well yeah technically
he said they don't care as long as they can see what the title came from to check the numbers so here's the cab with the vin...and there is the chassis it came off of...
Evidently he has done this several times putting the remains of the donor in the bed for the inspectors to check the vin

So if Ohio has similar rules maybe you can just buy another junker with a title and use the frame that goes with the title to get your new VIN plate and Ohio title

With your thoughts and efforts to circumvent the system....lol... or at least your friends do.....you my friend are the master manipulator....I bow to your engenuity.....lol :D

With your thoughts and efforts to circumvent the system....lol... or at least your friends do.....you my friend are the master manipulator....I bow to your engenuity.....lol :D

I do what I want.jpg

Hee hee i saw this on Fb and it's soooo true!

:D I wouldn't say there is anything "sneaky" about just enjoying your rights that the laws are created to secure... since that is THE only legitimacy in the law... to secure liberty.
The title laws are created to protect your property rights not to deprive you of them.
I would say It's actually the activists in the system who have failed to pass draconian measures who are being sneaky when they try to use laws created for the securing of rights to deprive you of them. (takes a bow)

I've been blocking and wet sanding those words for a while ;)

Nebraska has every possible way to get a title legitimized, all you have to do is pick which one best fits your situation or change your situation to best fit the most favorable method.
I doubt I would ever find it impossible to get a title by some legal method but if i ever do I have card sup my sleeve...
The state requires a title to both register so you can operate on the highway, and to sell the car....
one is a privilege...you don;t need a title or registration to operate on private property...
But the other is a right. You have a right to sell your car and if the state requires you to have a title they must also provide a method for you to acquire one.
if after going through the legal process to get a title and they for some made up reason refuse to issue me one my ace in the hole is I will file a lawsuit with the court and present my evidence of rights in possession and vested interest for the court to award ownership. I believe this SHOULD work as long as the system has been exhausted and no-one can challenge your claim to the vehicle with a higher and better claim of ownership.

I suspect you really do not want to find yourself before the judge asking him/her to assign ownership when you haven’t tried to follow protocol and exhausted your legal options.

if you have exhausted the legal system and have not failed to follow the process and you still are not issued a title...A court order would be the highest and best evidence of ownership exceeding that of a title. the court would probably then order the county to issue you a title.

The key to the argument is that Title has nothing to do with permission to operate. Title is an issue of proof of ownership.
I like what I heard Ron Paul or someone say..."We use different words to make distinctions between different things because they are different...different means- "Not the same"
And "when words cease to have specific meanings and can be deemed or interpreted to mean anything then the the laws mean nothing."

Last edited:
Your ratrod is pretty Titular!

uhhh huh huh he said....

Titular
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Titular means existing in title only

images

5 years ago it was pretty easy here. Now almost impossible in certain situations. Mostly because people were abusing the system and some "rightful" owners came back on the state. While it is a pain in the tooskie for 99.99% of us, it still protects the other .01%.
Anything I buy without a title is getting parted/scrapped out. No title, no deal, too much of a PITA.

Latest posts

Back