My 50 dodge truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldschoolJay

so i grabbed a 50 dodge pilot house that had sat for 35 years ina barn here on the west coast. pretty rust free and overall pretty good shape. had some problems with the flathead 6 so i bought a 93 s10 blazer and am swapping the truck cab and box to that. i will keep the 4.3L in it for the time being for the sake of me wanting to drive the damn thing this summer.
i will be doing all of this out of one of those portable tarp garages and my driveway.
i'll part the blazer body and interior and recoup my $$$.
i have the dodge almost ready to lift off the frame and then i have to start ripping the blazer apart.
i will keep ya updated with pics and info.
hope ya like it.
Jay.
bodyswapproject007.jpg

bodyswapproject002.jpg

Cool truck, will make you a great shop truck/parts chaser as well as a neat old truck to cruise in. Us car guys are always hauling something big and a truck comes in handy. :)

Take some detailed pictures of the swap, people are always asking how to do something like this.

Don

That's real cool. Wha did you end up doing witht he res tof the Blazer? I bet you could use that body and chop it and use it on the original pickup truck frame to build a more long-term rat rod project

thanks, i will part out the blazer body and interior to recoup the $$$$. won't take much. i will keep some of the sheetmetal for patches and futur stuff.
and send the rest to the crusher.

well, got a few hrs work on it today. pretty nice day out.
cab is ready to be lifted off, should do that tomorw.
i'll throw some progress pics up tomorw.

how heavy are these cabs? two guys be able to lift it off? any tips?

well, got a few hrs work on it today. pretty nice day out.
cab is ready to be lifted off, should do that tomorw.
i'll throw some progress pics up tomorw.

how heavy are these cabs? two guys be able to lift it off? any tips?

I know my 47 would not be lifted off by 2 people...
Better get 4 ;)

50 dodge truck

what part of the west,, l am here in western washington,, found my 50 truck was from eastern wash, so no rust,, mine has a 77 nova sub frame welded to the oringal frame and 8 3/4 a body rearend small block and 700r4.. hope to finish soon, have two other projects in front of it,,my dwarf car and my 66 chevelle,,looks good so far,, make me havta go work on mine hahahahah..

Latest posts

Back