1936-37 chevy trk help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gus

Banned
I need help with 1935/6/7/8 Chevy Trk

I'm ordering front glass and there is a difference in 1936 & 1937 Chevy truck apparently, I think it's only the high & low cab thing ???

36 had wood inside correct ?? and 37 they stopped using wood correct ??
mine had has no lumber inside ? Weather it was high or low to start I don't or didn't know ??

It don't matter tall cab or short cab if that's the only difference, because I chopped the top 2", it will save me from having a complete windshield cut. If you have a Filling Station catalogue look and see what you think. I think it's the high/low cab thing only...
I say and have said 37 low cab ??? wrong

Attachments

• x042.jpg
    x042.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 24
To the best of my knowledge, '36 was a change over year so early trucks shared the tall cab of the '35s and the latter was the low cabs which ran until '38. I believe the 36s had some wood where the later years didnt.So a
36-38 glass should fit yours.

I was going to order it tonight online, but looking in the catalogue it throw me because there are different #'s and price for 1936 and 37 windshield ??

ws

yes there is diff...about 3/4"
not sure where you looked.
jim carter also lists two different ones
i have a 36 & 38 cabs and had two get diff ws frames

The Filling Station said 36 only had a piano hinge for the swing out 37-38 was a two hinge with a one piece rubber gasket as 36 basically only had left right and bottom gasket ???? ok I guess so ?? [S

My 36 low cab does not have a piano hinge.. Two hinges, the high cab would have the piano hinge... ...but as far as I understand the windshield heights do differ between a 36 low cab and 37-38 cabs ...

Other differences between 36 low cab and 37-38
- 36 had wood front door pillars that run up into the a pillars...
- 36 also had wood support behind the dash...
- the body line on the bottom of the cowl ... The 36 had a continuous body line where as the 37-38 has a partial line due to how the fenders arched across the cowl

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back