No Title & Vin Plate rusted **VA**

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoronetRTguy

Ok so I'm looking at a 1942 Ford truck cab that would make a great rod and it would be the one that I would pick to do over my second choice.

The trucks cab has the vin plate on it but it is like rusted or sun bleached from being out in the elements for years.

What can I do to get a title for it in the state of VA?

The track has no frame its just a bare shell. I will post a link to the add and see what you guys say. I would really love to do this truck.

http://harrisonburg.craigslist.org/pts/3570623560.html

I really dont want to go and buy a frame and try to do it that.

Thanks for the help everyone.

As far as I know that year truck the VIN Number was stamped on the frame. I do not know of any VIN plate on the cab. Do you have picture of plate.

Also that cab was the same design from 1940-1947

Ok thanks guys. I think wha Im reading from DMV and Im going to call and confirm it is. I just have to have it inspected after the build and it will be titled as what ever year its inspected and title issued.

I do have to keep all paper work and receipt of when I bought the cab and all other parts and they will total it up and that is what I will be charged through DMV.

But I'm checking and double checking.

The cab has a plate on it but on the firewall and I dont know what it is.I have not looked at it up close just in pics.

http://harrisonburg.craigslist.org/pts/3570623560.html

I did have other pics but lost the email of them.

The tag on the firewall is probaby a patent numbers tag.

What do you mean patent numbers tag?

I'm used to cars from the 60s and 70s having a fender tag and having all the info to tell me what the car had and it also had the vin number in it. Cars from the 50s back are really new to me. I have owned one car from the 50s and it was a 1955 Bel Air four door that I just couldnt bring myself to cut it was to original.

I have seen those tags for resale from places and they add the info to it, I think.

Latest posts

Back