Anybody remember Roadog?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycledog

A really rusty biker
Remember Roadog?
17', 3280lbs, 4cly, powerglide, built between 62-65. 40k:eek:
Built by William "Wild Bill" Gelbke. No blue prints or plans.
First bike to have twin headlights, auto w/reverse, leading type forks, disk breaks front and rear.

Attachments

• WILDBILL1.jpg
    WILDBILL1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 47
  • Roadog-art_02.jpg
    Roadog-art_02.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 72
Yea, I remember that thing. Me and my brother were just talking about it the other day but I couldn't remember the name of it. I'm glad you brought it up. How much room do you think it took to do a u-turn on that?

Yea, I remember that thing. Me and my brother were just talking about it the other day but I couldn't remember the name of it. I'm glad you brought it up. How much room do you think it took to do a u-turn on that?

I believe Bobby Bare had a hit song about a truck driver titled "Give me Forty acres" (and I'll turn this rig around.):rolleyes:

There was a tv program one night, and they did a segment on this "bike." I only remember parts of it, but I recall something about a second one being built,(maybe a clone) and one of them was in an accident. It ended up on it's side on the side of the road.

It was like huge, but supposedly he drove it a lot.

Don

There was a tv program one night, and they did a segment on this "bike." I only remember parts of it, but I recall something about a second one being built,(maybe a clone) and one of them was in an accident. It ended up on it's side on the side of the road.

It was like huge, but supposedly he drove it a lot.

Don

You are right Don, I remember that. The bike was wrecked by the guy who was doing the story I believe. It has been said that the only person who has ever been able to ride the beast was Wild Bill himself. I don't know if that's true or not, but that's what I read.

I believe Bobby Bare had a hit song about a truck driver titled "Give me Forty acres" (and I'll turn this rig around.):rolleyes:

I think that was the Willis Duo.
I had to listen to that stuff, as well as Petty and David Pierson winning every Sunday, while I was growing up. While my dad wrenched on the big block Mopars under the shade tree.
Come to think of it, that's probably why the music sounded better back then.

Latest posts

Back