Retitle 1.5 ton to 1/2 ton ~ suggestions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dinokruzordinance

I did a forum search with no returns.

I bought a 1937 ford 1.5 ton it has the vin stamped on the left rail (serial number).
I have a bill of sale can apply for bonded title. In arkansas u get a state police inspection for then vin and then titled.

but I wanna title it as 1/2 ton on my build. I guess I need a builders title. Anyone went that route?

Thanks for any advice

build it with the suspension your gona use. when they inspect it since it dont have a current title stating its a large truck they should title it as what it is, i would think. there inspecting it right.

Be careful!

Here in Tennessee, if you do a builders title, you may get titled as a 2013! I have a friend who did a builders title (receipts, etc) on a 1925 Mack and when he got his title, it said "2011 Mack"! He said he didn't care.....I DO! :(

When I went to title Buford, (with ID plate, bill of sale, photos) they tried to make me do a builders title. I politely excused myself and went and .....uhh..."acquired" an F100 title. Went back a couple of weeks later....sailed right through. Just sayin.....:D

Lynn

!937 Fords didn't have a vin stamped on the frame. All early Ford vin were on the engine/bellhousing. Either it's not the vin or po stamped it there. Why do you want to change to a 1/2 ton. I think you are opening a box of trouble to try to do that, use the 1.5 ton title and drive it.

1.5 > 1/2 ton

I did a forum search with no returns.

I bought a 1937 ford 1.5 ton it has the vin stamped on the left rail (serial number).
I have a bill of sale can apply for bonded title. In arkansas u get a state police inspection for then vin and then titled.

but I wanna title it as 1/2 ton on my build. I guess I need a builders title. Anyone went that route?

Thanks for any advice

Dino After looking at the Arkansas DMV web site I think I would just find another title from another state . It could be a 1.5 ton because Arkansas application do not require weight limits to be declared so just change it there. .I will send you a PM that may help

Oldog

Latest posts

Back