1956 Stude Truck Project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1948chevy

Hi there guys and gals. I am new to this forum and thought I would post a picture or two of my latest torture of sheet metal. I am a self taught guy who started tinkering for fun. Of course it gets out of hand quickly. I welcome your thoughts and comments about the truck.

The truck itself is a 1956 Studebaker that I rescued from the crusher. The floors and doors and firewall were all trashed. I have built all new where I could and patched the rest. Of course I suicided the doors and sectioned the body 8 inches and also shaved off the bottom 3 inches of the truck for a whopping 11 inches of wasted metal.

The bed is a 1948 Chevy bed that I had laying around. I shortened it 18 inches and mounted the Stude tailgate script and fron panel in it. I did'nt have Chevy fenders so I added 8 inches to the width of the Stude fenders.

The headlights have been frenched and the grille has been filled. NO bumpers ever!

The dash is my design just something different. The shifter again all mine. Trailer ball shifters come in many sizes 1 7/8- 2 5/8.

Attachments

• Stude for forum 1.jpg
    Stude for forum 1.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Stude for forum 2.jpg
    Stude for forum 2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Stude for forum 3.jpg
    Stude for forum 3.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 65
  • Stude for forum 4.jpg
    Stude for forum 4.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Stude for forum 5.jpg
    Stude for forum 5.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 120
Very nice!!!

Chev,
That is a really nice project & thanks for savin' that kool old tin! Love that interior too! Please keep us in the loop on u're build!!!

BoB

Great looking truck

I like truck all kinds of trucks. I can see the hours of work it took to put that together. You may not have an engineer degree but they should give you one. Keep us posted on your progress and pics as you go.

Stude follow up

Hey guys ran out of room on the first one.
Truck is on 1993 S-10 chassis shortened 28 inches. 4.3 litre v6 with auto trans and retains the fuel injection.

I build them but I never keep them. Ebay is my friend.
I thought I would show a picture of last years truck I finished.

More pictures

Attachments

• Stude for forum 6.jpg
    Stude for forum 6.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 000_0223.jpg
    000_0223.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 107
Thanks, Its a sickness. I see this stuff in my head and just start building. "Have welder and plasma cutter will travel"
I love to see restored vehicles but I like to take tortured vehicles and build them my way.

WOW, nice work. I love to see the massaging done to the metal!!!
There is a trailer made from one of those trucks here in town. I think the fenders were part of the bedside.
Keep us posted, those Studes have some nice lines.

Latest posts

Back