steering box.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annoying Eric

Not a vega box, don't know what it came out of. its insanely loose, adjustments aren't doing anything. Anyone have an idea..

That looks like it might be power box, with the fittings on top plugged. If so, that's the problem, ran dry and worn out.....

I dont see any numbers on it yet but i havent looked on the backside. all my mirrors are at work and i havent had it off yet. I might be stuck pulling it off to ID it. was hoping to not have much downtime.

I hope its not a power unit. lol

Pulled this piece of junk out and found numbers, been searching for about 2 hours and havent come up with ****. Ima bring it to a local place and see if they can ID it or atleast have an idea. I'm trying to save for a damn house so i was really trying to not spend all the money on a new steering setup. lol

i tore it down at work yesterday during lunch. Actually got it to tighten up a bunch but stil has a bit of slop. It kind of annoyed me so i bought a new steering box. lol. I can sleep in my car, cant drive a house..

21willys : the numbers seemed to just be casting numbers. 261585 on the main body and 262662 on the front. At this point of just sick of it and its in the vehicle best interest to have a new box and column. lol

show a pic of it off the frame. two of them come to mind with what little i can see, a truck or van box is what is coming to mind for me. kinda looks like my dodge a 100 box, but need to see a better pic.

it isn't what i thought it was, but i believe it is from a pickup or van. i'm stilling but not having much luck. pm sent.

I still say it's a power box. Never saw a manual box with bolts in the housing like that. Do the holes those bolts go in go through to the inside of the case? Looks like the smaller one is pressure, the larger one, the return line.

Latest posts

Back