Drug this home

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

project40

Well I started yet another project :D 1979 XS400. It needs a lot but I hope to be riding sometime this spring. Anybody know of any motorcycle junkyards in PA? I need a bunch of stuff.

xs1.jpg

Found it. Chuck's sport bikes 215-824-1133

You can go on www.junkyarddog.com. on the left side click on motorcycles. then just click which state you want. That should give you all of the yards in pa. there may be one close to you.

I honestly couldn't tell ya cause i found on the internet when i was looking for parts for my dream. I honestly didn't know there was one there either untill i stumbled across it.

hi roller do you have a name or address for the place. It would be nice to have another place to get used parts local.

hi roller do you have a name or address for the place. It would be nice to have another place to get used parts local.

Give this a try...rt 29

www.usedmcparts.com/links/ffa-Pennsylvania.html

UsedMCParts.com Pennsylvania Motorcycle Used Parts Salvage DealersPennsylvania Used motorcycle parts salvage. Engine frame fender seat exhaust ... Rt. 29 - Emmaus, PA 18049 Phone: 215 965-9218. SMITH'S MOTORCYCLE SALVAGE ...
www.usedmcparts.com/links/ffa-Pennsylvania.html - 21k -

Looks familiar!

Ha ha. I have that same bike. I picked mine up for $100 with title. Your's is in better shape I must say. I went nuts with the sawzall and grinder the minute I got mine home.

Well I plan to get it running and ride it for a while before changing too much. I already ripped off the sissy bar and side things(don't know what they are called ;)). Got spark yesterday after rewiring the fuse block and hope to see if it will run today with the spare carbs. YoungBlood you should post up some pics of your project :) Or if anybody has any xs400 pics I'm always looking for inspiration.

Give this a try...rt 29

www.usedmcparts.com/links/ffa-Pennsylvania.html

UsedMCParts.com Pennsylvania Motorcycle Used Parts Salvage DealersPennsylvania Used motorcycle parts salvage. Engine frame fender seat exhaust ... Rt. 29 - Emmaus, PA 18049 Phone: 215 965-9218. SMITH'S MOTORCYCLE SALVAGE ...
www.usedmcparts.com/links/ffa-Pennsylvania.html - 21k -

I used to run that stretch between Emmaus and Pennsburg on 29 quite a bit and I don't recall seeing any cycle bone yards. The number listed might be as old as 10 years, because Emmaus has been a 610 area code for at least that long, and might be even longer. I know down around the 29 / 100 split (Hereford) it turns into a 215 area code, but Emmaus is 610.

If there is a bone yard around the area, PLEASE let me know where. I still need a few things for my 92 Hurricaine.

Well I plan to get it running and ride it for a while before changing too much. I already ripped off the sissy bar and side things(don't know what they are called ;)). Got spark yesterday after rewiring the fuse block and hope to see if it will run today with the spare carbs. YoungBlood you should post up some pics of your project :) Or if anybody has any xs400 pics I'm always looking for inspiration.

No problem Project, I will snap some photos this evening. You can even steal my drag-bar idea if you want (i just bought some pipe from Ace Hardware and they work great, improved the look of the bike by 100%).

Mine looked exactly like yours when I brought it home, now people are like 'what the hell kind of bike is that?'. I just laugh because it takes very little to make something that was once cheesy, look very cool. Kind of like our cars.

Its...ALIVE

Finally got the bike to run on its own this morning. So I figure I'd post an update on the other progress I've made. I flipped the handlebars, mounted a new headlight and got the front brakes working with a caliper rebuild and front master cylinder from a YZF 450. I also ditched the stock headlight mounting ears and turn signals on the trees. Now I just hope the transmission is ok. The bike fell over the other day and smashed my shifter but my neighbor is going to loan me the one off his dirtbike soon. Here's a recent pic.

xs2.jpg

Oh and I went bigger with the headlight 7" haha :D I know thats opposite of what everybody does but I got a killer deal on the bay and I couldn't pass it up.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back