Update #1 Dirty Sedan Progress

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dirty's Hot Rods

Well another week has gone by. Lets see the Dirty Garage Crawl set me back alittle but I got back to work Sunday. Pulled the body of the frame for two reason. The main reason was to move the rear crossmember center section back 3/4". And to fix the cracks in the crossmember. I just could not live with a 105 1/4" wheelbase. Ha to be rite on. SO I took the advise of (Myke) on the Hamb and did as he did. Move the center section back 3/4" and blended it all in to look somewaht factory.

DSCF5588.jpg

DSCF5589.jpg

DSCF5590.jpg

DSCF5591.jpg

Last edited:
Next up was the torque tube. Only done this one other time and after learning all about the speedo gear and ring I wanted to make sure it was rite. Thanks Andy and Aussie Steve for the Help

DSCF5610.jpg

DSCF5612.jpg

DSCF5614.jpg

Rusty, I do stuff like that too. After I got my frame built and the body where I wanted it, I realized that the look I wanted would be a 38-40 inch bed with the tires centered in the bed so I cut it apart and added 4 inches. I also spent an entire day completely rehanging one door to get the body line to line up and still have an even gap. I think that's the difference between average and exceptional. attention to details and not being afraid to rip it all apart or abandon something.
BTW, that looks an aweful lot like your Dad's old seedan.

Latest posts

Back