34 chevy dwarf car

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

is this worth my time and effort?

• Total voters

a1966post

l had a dwarf car l came up with and since l don't race any more l decided that a street car it shall be..lengthend the frame eight inches so the engine sits straight, not sideways, power will be a 1100cc 1989 honda motor V twin. l think the twin will sound more old school. hope to have it done around spring time,,does this qualify as a rat rod?.. l am leaving the numbers and the rough looking paint on it.. in my state you can run under the fair wheather law, no fenders or wipers, gonna be a blast l think,, let me know what you think ..... J

Last edited:
You know what I think. I have always it would be a great Idea. Remember when the fiberglass bodies for volkswagons were so popular? I would not even worry about the "rat rod" thing. Rat Rods are hot rods with unconventional builds.......bingo. It is too bad you have to do so much work on it. But If I had that start, I would be all over it. Which ever way you go, keep us in pictures.

Gastrick, That is one trick truck! Around here we'd use snowmobile engines!

a1966post, Last summer a guy brought a dwarf car to our Friday night cruise (there are over 500 cars every week). He let all the little kids sit in it. The kids were really excited. My first thought was, "street it". Glad to see someone is doing it and RRR will be able to see it.

Just do it!!!

Do it!!! That would *definitely* b kool! Let's see some pictures!

Gastrick,
After I saw that car last time... I have that on my list of things to do! I'd like to cut down a newer Ford cab like Don posted a while back... it'd make an awesome roadster & I bet it's b pretty fast & get awesome gas milage... especially when gas gets to $5-$6 a gallon!

BoB

Last edited:
I agree, do it..
I also want some photos
walking_tall.gif

why HELL yes I'd would definitly make that street worthy,several years ago we had a nice track around wilmington that had these cars racing and i always thought it would be cool to make one street leagal,good luck and send some pics

wow

sure am getting a lot of positive feedback,,, l will get some pictures when l am a little further along,,THANKS FOR THE GREAT RESPONSES !!!!!!ps,, some one tell me in real simpleton talk how to post them there pics am gonna take for everbody,,,,J

Last edited:
I also want to see one of those 40ish Ford drag car bodys made street. You know, the ones with the rear fenders as tall as the roofline almost.

It's been done. There's a local guy here that built one using an ex Scotty Cannon Pro-Modified body. I'll post a pic of it later when I get home from work.

Latest posts

Back