OHIO Title Question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyce51

I am looking at all angles....I am going to build a Woody from scratch (including making my own fiberglass cowl section and windshield frame). I am build everything myself. When I go for inspection to get the title for it, is it like when you build a motorcycle? (where you need mso's, title to vehicle the engine, trans and rear end came from, etc) How hard is it to pass the inspection??

I am looking at all angles....I am going to build a Woody from scratch (including making my own fiberglass cowl section and windshield frame). I am build everything myself. When I go for inspection to get the title for it, is it like when you build a motorcycle? (where you need mso's, title to vehicle the engine, trans and rear end came from, etc) How hard is it to pass the inspection??

I do not think I would worry about it to much Dyce ..... no state that I know off makes it illegal to change or modify a body as long as it is safe....You did not say if you are building the frame , so I would find a frame w/ title and build away. Of course if you wanted antique tags just find a frame w/title that qualifies .......

Oldog

I really don't care if it is an antique title or a builders title....as long as it's a legal title that I can put in my name and register

build title

>>Keep your receipts, for all building material.
>Any eng. /trans./drivetrain, and suspension parts you buy. write down the serial #.and have the seller sign. you sign... take them and get notorized. Finish your build ..BMV for inspection appl. $50.00).((>This gives you permission to drive vehicle to get inspected an back home.)) call hi/way patrol make appt. for inspection..). Drive it to hi/way patrol insp. station. show them all your paper work and receipts..
>If everything works ie.; "safe" to drive.!!!! They'll give you the paper work, drive to BMV get tags and title.
>I drove up from parking lot, hit my blinkers, honked my horn.
had my head lights on and pulled into insp. garage, shut everything down. ..They checked the no#s. from parts and notorised parts.list. A quick look over an I was out of there with-in an hr...
>Hint...I went there a week before and brought in some donuts, talked alittle with a few of them, told them what I was building /joking alittle>> know where all your no.#s' are on your parts and you can offer them where to look, if they look questioned?..Good luck.
>

>>Keep your receipts, for all building material.
>Any eng. /trans./drivetrain, and suspension parts you buy. write down the serial #.and have the seller sign. you sign... take them and get notorized. Finish your build ..BMV for inspection appl. $50.00).((>This gives you permission to drive vehicle to get inspected an back home.)) call hi/way patrol make appt. for inspection..). Drive it to hi/way patrol insp. station. show them all your paper work and receipts..
>If everything works ie.; "safe" to drive.!!!! They'll give you the paper work, drive to BMV get tags and title.
>I drove up from parking lot, hit my blinkers, honked my horn.
had my head lights on and pulled into insp. garage, shut everything down. ..They checked the no#s. from parts and notorised parts.list. A quick look over an I was out of there with-in an hr...
>Hint...I went there a week before and brought in some donuts, talked alittle with a few of them, told them what I was building /joking alittle>> know where all your no.#s' are on your parts and you can offer them where to look, if they look questioned?..Good luck.
>

Which Inspection Station did you go to?? I called Seville Inspection Station today just to ask some questions and the officer I spoke to(he was a fill in) , told me I would better luck at Bucyrus Inspection Station....

Latest posts

Back