Registering classic vehicle in Nevada from another state.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

systemoverload

a little back history on my 1935 truck rat rod i purchased out of Arizona, the previous was able to register the car in 3 different states with an original 1935 title each time cause state laws vary from state to state . fast forward purchased the from the owner with an Arizona title with matching vins on both the title and the vin on the body ( not the frame) .I go to inspection the dmv gives me a little dmv law lesson stating my car could not be registered as a 1935 ford truck due to the fact that the vin was not on the frame, my options according to them was have it registered as a kit car 1935 ford style which would have taken all the value out of the vehicle and i would have to go through a safety inspection ( which will require me to have seat belts ,air bags ,and windshield wipers along with other stuff already installed on the vehicle) and still have to get a smog. i told them no thank you and took off. I did some research and found something vary helpful on another forum that I want to share that helped me out.

1.) STAY AWAY FROM THE DMV VIN INSPECTION. YOU CAN PRINT OUT THE VIN INSPECTION FORM AND THERE IS A SPOT FOR A POLICE OFFICER TO SIGN IT OFF, THERE FOR HAVE A POLICE OFFICER SIGN OFF THE VIN INSPECTION.

2,) USE A DMV SERVICE TO REGISTER THE VEHICLE WITH ALL FORMS FILLED OUT THEY WILL KNOW WHAT TO DO MIGHT COST A BIT EXTRA BUT WELL WORTH GETTING OUT THE HEAD ACHE.

I was finally able to register my rat rod with the proper title which is titled as a 1935 ford truck. with out all the BS. as it should be.

I noticed when I had a 52 truck it was easier to get a cop to sign off on the vin inspection as well. Now when I buy stuff without a title I use a guy I know who's family owns a tow company and does the lein paperwork for me for a fee. Much easier that way. This state sucks to get stuff titled on your own.

Found this in a Search and facing a somewhat similar situation; putting an older body on a newer chassis. My problem is probably going to be that the body does not have a title (I don't think), and registering it as a '94 with emissions testing is NOT going to happen. I have a friend of a friend who does off-site titles, so will talk to him eventually. Good info, and thanks! RRR RRROCKS !!! :)

Latest posts

Back