The Build Begins, 41 Chevy Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blademan

well we have started, after looking over this forum for the last few weeks we have decided to do it,i say we because my 11 year old daughter and 18 year old son and wife say they all want to help, my goal is to build this truck for .50 cents a pound, is it possible? i think so. we will just have to wait and see, starting with a 93 mazda truck $250, for the rolling chassis, sold the catilitic converter,radiator and battery, to the junk man for $49 chassis is now $201
standard.jpg

found a 41 chevy truck i think, at a local junkyard $100 bucks plus a knife, will have $15 in the knife materials, so truck cab and hood $115
standard.jpg

made it home safe and in one piece, always a good thing
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

i will keep yall posted as we make some progress, Tracy

Blademan,
Good luck with your family project. My 17 year old grandson and I have been working on his '38 GMC for the last year. It sue has been fun teaching what little I know about rod building. I'm sure you will find it rewarding too.

Nice project!!!

Blade,
Looks like a really nice project & a family project is always lots of fun. My Dad & I had lots of fun swappin' motors etc & I charish all the timee we spent together!!!

BoB

Rat Truck, the s-10 does pretty good, 4.3L dont think it would do to good on the interstate but just short runs around home it does good,the tilting goose neck is the way to go, tilt it up hook up the wench and drag it on,

Looks good so far. (I think 41 is a good guess)

I love these old chevy trucks but i'm no expert by any means. While researching mine I ran across this info. Supposedly if the welds on the front a posts are smooth you have a 41-42. If the welds are very noticeable you have a 43-46. Anyone else ever heard of this?

Putting the chevy on a Mazda frame,huh? I hope you post plenty of pics!!!

progress

well we made a little progress over the weekend,got the cab set on the mazda frame, worked out to sit in the stock location for the 41
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

well i looked at this thing all day, and it just dont look the way i want it to, so now i have to modify the frame so i can slide the cab back, no big deal just some time, Gas Trick, going to go fenderless

Last edited:
Hurry up, would ya?:D
Looks good, I have a 46 myself.

All those unused pieces, fenders, radiator support, bumper, etc will sell on Ebay. I see that stuff coming and going every day. That will lower the cost even more.

well we had a good weekend working on the truck,frame had to be narrowed 4" a lot of work but i think it was worth it,
standard.jpg

got the cab squared up, and decided a channel job was in order 3"
standard.jpg

looks much better channeled with the new frame work for the floor
standard.jpg

then played with a small scale version of the grill that i have decided on
standard.jpg

Latest posts

Back