Volksrod begins!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here we go!!! My tires came in last week to get my volksrod started. The front end extension should be in next week moves the front end out 8". I included a couple of pics of the 63 when it was pushed into my house which started the process of building this car. :mad: Should have my back wheels sandblasted tomorrow. Enjoy:)

Attachments

• 63web5.jpg
    63web5.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 63web9.jpg
    63web9.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 63web1.jpg
    63web1.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 63webtires.jpg
    63webtires.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 56
I love these VW rods. They look really cool with the axle out front. Looks like a perfect car there for the project, what all do you plan to do to it?

Don

House?

I included a couple of pics of the 63 when it was pushed into my house which started the process of building this car.

I love Volksrods & can't wait to see u're build but can wee have a little background on how it got "pushed" into u're house?!?! ; - >

BoB

You must have done some photo editing, Theres no rust on the car in the photos. Lets see the real photos.:D

Well I plan on moving the front axle foward 8" along with loweing the front 2" more. I am going for a military theme OD green very basic. I am trying to get a hold of some old aircraft seats and run 4 buckets in it or I may use stock lowback seats and take the springs off the frames and run webbing around the frames instead of cushions. I want to cut the roof off and make it a tub but that may take a while since I have nowhere to store it. I have headlights off a Harley Fatboy to put on the front of it. Bullet turnsignals for the front and chopper lights for the back. I just got a cool vintage steering wheel from one of my friends that is super rare. Of coarse I am going to put it on the rod just to make those purist run screaming!!!:D

As far as the story on the car well.....I was going through my divorce and had a great never been hit 63 bug that I drove and planned on making a nice little cal-look runner after I was done going through the hell!!! I had just arrived at the Washington coast for some much needed r&r when I received a phone call asking when I had been at my house last and where I had parked my bug. I hadn't been there for a day and I parked the car in the driveway as normal. I was informed that someone had lined the car up with the house then pushed it into the front of the house.:eek: After a few choice statements on my part it was too late to head back to the Tri-Cities so I stayed the night and headed back the next day. When I arrived home the pics are what I had found.:mad:

Attachments

• 63web3.jpg
    63web3.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 63web4.jpg
    63web4.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 63web6.jpg
    63web6.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 37
  • 63web7.jpg
    63web7.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 63web8.jpg
    63web8.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 66
Hey I am thinking of builing my own seats, gonna use my experiance from metal smith when I was in the navy and build a set of bombers, gimme a call maybe we can split the cost of a sheet of aluminum from Twin City metals.

Pablo

I got my wheels back from the sandblasters today they turned out great.:D So after spraying a little primer on the wheels my son and I couldn't help but mock up the tires next to the car to get the effect. The front tires are about where they should be once the beam extension is put on the car. Pablo I can get my hands on a set of plans for $10 from the volksrod club for cool little bomber seats.

Attachments

• wheelweb.jpg
    wheelweb.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 63web11.jpg
    63web11.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 66
  • webtire2.jpg
    webtire2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 29
  • webtires3.jpg
    webtires3.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 20
I was informed that someone had lined the car up with the house then pushed it into the front of the house.:eek: After a few choice statements on my part it was too late to head back to the Tri-Cities so I stayed the night and headed back the next day. When I arrived home the pics are what I had found.:mad:

DUDE... that is 2 COLD!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry!!!

That sucks about the car getting pushed !!!!
It was really nice

But at least you're gonna make something else cool with it now :D

I got my wheels back from the sandblasters today they turned out great.:D So after spraying a little primer on the wheels my son and I couldn't help but mock up the tires next to the car to get the effect. The front tires are about where they should be once the beam extension is put on the car. Pablo I can get my hands on a set of plans for $10 from the volksrod club for cool little bomber seats.
Dude are those my old Camero wheels in the back of your truck?
Thought they were long gone.

It's good to finally see some pics of the original damage.
As soon as you get your front end extention bring it over & we'll put it on.

Also I got heat in my shop now so we could get your wheels all painted too.

-Mike-

How childish................been through a divorce myself but she never messed with my stuff (if she had I think my GF at the time woulda wooped her good.....she did once).......................hope you are on better terms now having kids and all

Plans? wow i was just going to guess and build them from scratch. If you can get the plans, ill give it try to build them, gimme a call.

Pablo

bomber seats

for what it's worth. alot of the bar stools out there are patterned after bomber seats you know?

Last edited:
thats terrible man, on the plus side, it gave you a reason to hack up a perfectly good car and not feel bad about it. maybe she did you a favor? :p

Latest posts

Back