this guy said its a 1932 chevy but i dont think so???help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93blazer4dr

here are the only pics I have of it right now but I don't think its a 32chevy coupe cut into a roadster but it doesn't seem to fit, I think its 30 or 31 style either..... is it even a chevy?

let me try to get the pics on here

Last edited:
here are the pics...
00E0E_3jUcxTgqIcK_600x450.jpg

00D0D_e24kEpp2bKQ_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Judging from the distance of the door to the curve they used a 5 window coupe
15115_large.jpg

attachment.php

Attachments

• 00E0E_3jUcxTgqIcK_600x450.jpg
    00E0E_3jUcxTgqIcK_600x450.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 90
Blazer, there's a guy on this forum that is doing a '31 Chev coupe but he didn't like the trunk lid going right to the back of the cab so he was putting a '32 trunk lid on it so he had five or six inches of tin to put the trunk hinges on. I thought it was Restorex but I was wrong. Anyhow, you have the '31 trunk not the '32, according to the mystery guy.

You were right Mac, Restorex is doing the lid swap...

http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30517&page=3

I believe the car in question is a '28. The dash is definitely '28 or '29 but the body lines say '28 as the '29 is quite different.

'28...

attachment.php

'28 again...

attachment.php

'29 for comparison...

attachment.php

Attachments

• 28 chevy dash.jpg
    28 chevy dash.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 28 chevy coupe.jpg
    28 chevy coupe.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 29 chevy coupe.jpg
    29 chevy coupe.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 71
still working on the deal with the guy not in a big hurry and he doesn't seem to be either. he told me his grandfather has owned this car for over 40s and the title and vin says its a '32 chevy 5w coupe cut into a roadster but I still don't know what this thing is and this guy doesn't like me questioning about it AT ALL!!! but id like to have it even tho itd be a long while before I build it as I got 2 other projects ahead of this and doing everything on my own. im 28 and been building cars since I was 18 but still don't know everything haha.

my motto "the day you stop learning, is the day you start failing"

I'd lay money on 1928...

Theory: The guy believes it's a '32 and won't hear anything to the contrary. Nobody wants to call his grandfather a liar but I think they're both mistaken and the car is titled incorrectly.

I've personally known a handful of cars titled the wrong year and/or model... usually because the "system" produces poor results for the number(s) given. Incorrect as it may be, it's often the only way to get "legal" as the agency holds all the cards... take it or leave it. :mad:

Blazer, My vote is to listen to Dr. Crank; if he says it's a '28 then it's a '28. Then keep that under your hat. Also listen to his advice, fake the most sincere grin you can and call it a '32 in front of the seller, ---- and the government people that you'll be trying to get the licence plates from.

Latest posts

Back