$500 VW Rat Trike

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ike

Banned
Built from whatever was in the barn. It has a 69 VW 1600 dual port engine. Two transaxles one empty in front adapter plate between and flipped ring gear tranny in back. Homemade frame with CBX Honda front end. Foot clutch and jocket shift all barn built. Also pic of driveshaft that drives rear tranny. Many other homemade parts as you see in picture. It's name is " Homebrew" and the lady holding the bars is my wife. Cost of building trike was $500 not for sale.

Attachments

• May 15 2004 Jan on Trike.JPG
    May 15 2004 Jan on Trike.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 127
  • Rear view of rear end boxed in.JPG
    Rear view of rear end boxed in.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 102
  • Transaxle & Dummy Box sideview.JPG
    Transaxle & Dummy Box sideview.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 81
  • May 15 2004 Closer Side View.JPG
    May 15 2004 Closer Side View.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Driveshaft view 1.JPG
    Driveshaft view 1.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
those kind of setup is called swedish trike...had 3 vdubs so far...actually i have plans for swedish trike that i had in mind to build...

i started to build one like that a few years back, the back burner due to finace troubles, one day ill get back to it

where's this located, im interested in it if your not to far away

Ron

Cool! bet it's big fun to ride !
Hows it ride and handle?

I have air shocks on the rear and air ride CBX front . It has no problem pulling the front end up. Shifts out fine and custom built bars work great. It's my wife's bike I built it for her. She smiles everytime she rides down the driveway.
Here's a pic of the rear end it rides good. Thanks for your interest.

Attachments

• May15 2004 RearView.JPG
    May15 2004 RearView.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back