Alright its time for a build thread.. '71 Ford

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71rat

Yes, 1971.

First off, My names Nick. I'm 16. This is my first build. I plan on this costing about a thousand bucks to build, maybe 1500, mainly because I'm fabbing everything myself with the help of some friends, and its mostly complete to begin with.

This truck is going from this....
IMGP1859.jpg

To this...
chop2.jpg

Well, This is how its SUPPOSED be done. I'll keep you guys updated on it, I'm just sorting out mechanical problems. Gotta get it running and then fix the brakes. Leaky cup seals in the Master Cylinder. I just got it started after 2 months of sitting today. Turns out I have a bad hard fuel line going to the carb, and a bunch of wiring and timing problems. Do'h!

It looks like its going to be getting a front clip from a 1970's Lincoln continental, a crown victoria of an undetermined year, or something of the like in the front, as well as some lowering springs. The back is getting notched, spring under axles, and drop blocks. The bed and top chop are going to take place at my buddy's shop, sometime probably this spring or summer.

Beginning of September is my set deadline, and I hope to whoever I'm gonna make it. Gotta have the chop, section to the bed, and drop done and have it on the road for the Rod Run on the 8th and 9th.

Now to find the funds.....

Quick update, that was written a long time ago. :

Its running. Purrs like a very loud kitten. VERY loud. My neighbors now hate me. :D but that part of the fun isnt it!?

Right now its sittin in my back driveway, Getting cleaned out and washed. After that, De-greaser and a power washer are going to become real good aqquaintinces with the engine compartment.

That;'s going to look great chopped and dropped like that. What are you figuring you will do for a new windshield?

Keep us posted on how it's coming. :)

Don

Thanks Don. I've expected alot of negitive critisizm with it being kinda "new" and all, But I haven't gotten any!

I'm not sure. I'm thinking of trying my hand at cutting glass, but its an odd shape. Time to hit up the wreckin' yard!
Or I'll try to cut a channel to get the glass to slip down into the firewall. I'll figure out something.

Latest posts

Back