my 41 rat build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is my 41 were i found it in a bone yard. as soon as i seen it i know i had to have it
IMG_1172.jpg
here the cab is waiting for a frame
IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg
after the frame i built the box. i used the stock bed and cut it down to fit the new frame and altered wheel base i used pine 1x6 then burnt them to give it the old look i even used the stock steel strips rust and all
IMG_1297.jpg

i then built a tail gate out of 1/8th" steel dowel
IMG_1317.jpg
i set the motor in the frame with a set of custom motor mounts i then found a grill that i think fits the truck just right
IMG_1304.jpg
IMG_1270.jpg
IMG_1303.jpg

now is the floor iv built a steel frame to hold the 1x4 pine that i will burn to match the bed
IMG_1319.jpg
and thats where im at now

41 build

Nice.. build I have one too,any ideas on how to repair the rusted area around the back beltline of the cab below the window.Den

Nice.. build I have one too,any ideas on how to repair the rusted area around the back beltline of the cab below the window.Den

thanks. all i did with mine was put some screws in the back of the cab to hold it together.

i got the front end figured out im going with a underslung front end. iv never seen one on the road just in pics so it will be rare at the shows:cool:

i got the front end figured out im going with a underslung front end. iv never seen one on the road just in pics so it will be rare at the shows:cool:

I'd like to see that too. Every one that I've seen has been on a show car and the frame rails were about an inch off of the ground.

I don't think I've seen a car/truck that had a conventional suspension on one end and an underslung suspension on the other end.

iv looked at some underslung fronts and thay do sit low but thay all had drop axels and my axel is straght. so its looking like il have about 3" under the frame. i can live with that

the underslung front end is on. i used trailer leafs and thay turned ot good. i used the trailer leafs because there shorter and cheaper than any other spring i found.
my frame is sitting about 3" off the ground i can live with that. i also pulled the box and cab off so i can finish welding the gussets on the frame and make a trans cross member.
here is some pics.
View attachment 12500

IMG_1370.jpg

View attachment 12502

Last edited:
What is your axle from? ( I am wondering if there is enough support at the front of the frame, There may be, it just looks like it needs more. One reason is the short stiff springs will work that frame pretty hard.) I am sure glad to see somebody working hard on a build. Keep going!

What kind of ground clearence are you having in that set-up?
Really don't mean to sound like a black cloud.....but.....around here, that just would not make it across the street. Our intersections are raised with deep drainage troughs. Your design shows maybe 3" of ground clearence under the frame.
I can understand being different, but practicality and safety are number 1 around here. Plus getting it past the inspection station is another crittical element. I like the build up to the axle assemblies, :rolleyes: but thats just my opinion.;) Keep us posted.

Maximo

the front axel is 2x2 x1/4 wall tube with jeep c's on the end. and yes i have about 3 to 3.5" of ground clearence should be good to drive just need to use your head. as for the frame i still need to put some more suport in the front and rear of the frame

Latest posts

Back