American Racing Equipment Slots

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip

I just picked up a pair if 14x7 American Racing Equipment slots. Yea, I know, 14s???! :rolleyes: (They were part of a package deal with some real deal 8.5x15 Ansen Sprints.) Anyhoo, the interesting part about them is that the regular mag lug nuts wouldn't fit. Holes were too small. Then I noticed that the holes are beveled for standard steely lug nuts. They are even recessed for washers and all that. Strange.

Anybody got a clue?

I also used to have a link to a guy in Washington that traded in old American wheels. Lost it when my old computer died. He wasn't very responsive, but he knows his wheel history. The told me all about some American unilug wheels I picked up that use a steel plate with different bolt patterns on the inside to position the wheels.

some of those wheels were used on factory cars and used different lug nuts. like the dr. said pics would be a big help. by the way nothing wrong with 14" wheels, they look great on front with 15" on the back.

I'll see if I can get a pic of the bolt holes that shows the configuration.

25 years ago or so, I passed on a really cheap pair of 12x16 slots because the only tires you could get were slicks. If only I could have predicted the future.

Z

Here ya go. I have to downsize some more pics. Damn I miss my Photoshop. New computer, old PS.

Yea. I said bad words. I don't have a tool for down sizing photos at the moment. Gotta get that sorted out.

Thanks SS. Maybe I was having a bad day. I resized it like 8 times in Paint and the pic looked smaller, but I kept getting a "its too big" message when I upload it. :( I'll have to try it again. I can do it in 30 seconds in PhotoShop. [S
Open pic in "paint" and resize

for a long time i couldn't load pics from my computer. then some changes were made on the site and i could again, but i like my photobucket copy and paste.

Latest posts

Back