49 Plymouth more door chop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoitink

Well I decided to chop the old plymouth

I ended up chopping the front 4" and took 5" out of the rear.

Here you go lots of pics enjoy.

The before of the beast.

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

Can you belive it the glass acutally came out??

IMG_1029.jpg

Marked up to cut.

IMG_1035.jpg

Now lay the glass down.

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

Now cut out the extra junk in the back and make a new panel.

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

There you have it now all I have to do is finish all the welding and add some mud will post more when I'm done.

IMG_1068.jpg

Few shots outside with some primer on it

IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

Now I need some feedback. Not sure about the skirts I will be dropping the rear of the car some more.

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

The skirts make it look killer. But I think the car needs to go down a bit more.

Wow, great job getting everything reworked and lined back up!

I don't like the skirts at that height..
but I think if you drop the whole car down 3" it might look good with the skirts

I like the skirts. The car needs to go LOWER.

Thanks for all of the pics. Good work. I`m a little upset though. I think you cut out my name. I signed on the left from pillar. Just kidding. :)

Nice work!

Hoitink,
Very nice work on the chop, thanks for sharing! I like it with or without the shirts!

ISore

lol the car is lowered already 3" in the back and 2" in the front but yes the back will be going lower yet. Just not a 100% on the front as I drive the **** out of that thing all summer, And need it to ride nice and not get stuck in the middle of the dirt roads around here lol

lol the car is lowered already 3" in the back and 2" in the front but yes the back will be going lower yet. Just not a 100% on the front as I drive the **** out of that thing all summer, And need it to ride nice and not get stuck in the middle of the dirt roads around here lol

I am not much for sacrificeing drivability for looks either. Driving a car has to be at least as important as how it looks. I almost never like skirts but that style of car was begging for them. Nice work. I really like the way the back window came out.

Great Work; I like the skirts they set it off just right. The top is KILLER. Thanks for the pics. I take it this is not your first chop, Am I correct. LOOKIN GOOOOOD. :D:D

Great Work; I like the skirts they set it off just right. The top is KILLER. Thanks for the pics. I take it this is not your first chop, Am I correct. LOOKIN GOOOOOD. :D:D

This is my 3rd my first shop was a 53 IH pickup. My buddy has a 51 dodge biz coupe we did a 6" on that one man that was lots of work lol

Latest posts

Back