OLD project Crosley!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Gussett

Yep... he can do it!
Live in the hilly country of Chillicothe Ohio.
Hey guys, found some OLD pics of my Crosley project and thought I'd post them for you to see!
I started this build in 95 I think?
When I bought the car,someone had already cut the back off to make a pickup.(It was a wagon)I tinkered with it a little and drove it down the street to a big parking lot of a business about 2 blocks from my house.(I lived in town then).
It was fun to drive but I wanted that "POWER to weight ratio" ordeal!
I drove it home and began to gut it.
I didn't like the big "bubble roof so off to the junk yard I went with a generator and a pair of electric shears.I found a station wagon and cut the ribbed top out and went to work on the Crosley.The flat roof actually aloud me to keep the same height of the top but lowered the windsheild by 2 in.I stripped the drive train and cut out the floor.I bought some 29x18.5 MT's for the rear and stretched the rear wheel well openings.Idid some tradeing for a race strut front end and I had a 454bbc in the works with an auto trans.
A friend of mine from Toledo came down to visit and had to have it as it was!
I sold it to him that day and now I miss it still!That friend moved somewhere in SC and I think I will do some serious hunting for him to see if he still has it!
Anyway enjoy the pics.I have a bunch more but will need to scan them and resize them.
Tim

Attachments

• crosley.jpg
    crosley.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 118
Looks like a very neat project with high quality work in it. Besides, everyone shoul have an overpowered Crosley just for fun!

That's a neat little project Mr. Gussett. You're leaving me hanging though. I wanted to see it finished. See if you can track it down. How's the sedan coming?

Hey Gussett, Let me know his name and where you think he moved and I'll help you search. I live close to SC and have a lot of friends down there. There is a major car show in Myrtle Beach in March and I know he'll be there if he is a real car guy. There are usually 2000 plus cars in the show. 2 trophys; best car and best truck. Let me know. Harleyboy

Gastrick How's the sedan coming?[/QUOTE said:
It's coming ..............S...L...O....WWWWWW
My side job stuff really slowed down and MOMMY won't let me spend any money!So I have been piddleing around with small stuff.I did get stared on welding up my "home built" wood burner for my shop.Better late than never I guess? Got a few warm days now and already had the steel sheared to size, so I started welding it up.Heck even had the Wife weld some on it! She can run a pretty good bead!
I'll get some pics together and post'em.Nothing special though!

Latest posts

Back