Billet Proof Dilemma

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratty 46

Well I'm faced with a serious conundrum.........

The weekend of Billett Proof is also my 50th birthday. Although this means absolutely NOTHING to me:cool:......my wife, step son, sisters, brother & Mother thinks it's of importance.

Although I made it clear when I got my ticket & reservation that I'd be missing that weekend..... obviously no one was listening!!!

My Mom's flying in from Boston (1100 miles away) & one of my sisters cancelled a out of town something or other.....but they expect me to cancel also.

Hence the conundrum........:(

With that said ......... and not wanting to get the silent treatment the rest of the year I've made the decision to forgo the "show" :((I'll probably regret my choice after I see the pictures).

Therefore I have a ticket that someone can use if they reimburse me the ticket charge. I will also give that person my reservation info (if they need it) - right next door to Garlits' place (1 room/2 beds).

I'll be listing this on the HAMB wednesday - 02/13th so PM me if interested.

ratty 46

Ya.......I'm not a birthday person - nor have I been one for a while..... The only thing is my Mom. I don't get to see her that often & she's made a point to mention she's coming for ME!

I'm BS as I'd been stoked about the event since I paid for the ticket in November....

ratty 46

Sounds to me like you just need to get about 6 more tickets and a couple more hotel rooms. Its YOUR birthday. Take the whole gang with you!:D

Just have him pm me.

I know shows come & go & family is family but.........I've always been a no birthday celibration guy so I was, and are, a bit miffed that all of a sudden I need a party.....

I'll be there next yr. Oh well....

It actually gives me more time to fart around with the 46.

MII parts are being ordered this week. Alston 4 link stuff too for the rear.
92-4 Lexus front & rear seats.
Wheels & tires.......still up in the air.

R46

I know where you are comming from. Every year about this time we are sending entries to car shows. As most of you know I broke my back in August. It has been a long uphill, but I am getting around now. We decided to attend the first show, but not take a car. First time in years. I know there is always next year. But I am still bummed. Hang in there R46.

ThaX Bonehead for the kind words - my issue is not as extreme as your.......but the words are appreciated.

I just don't want the ticket/space to go to waste!!

R46

Sorry to hear that you won't make the show ratty but, as others have said, sometimes family has to be the focus. Love and treasure Mom as long as you can.
Maybe, when they ask you where you want to go for your birthday, try saying you want to go to Billetproof. Show them you're a big shot by getting them all in for free. :D Just kiddin'.
Get your '46 done and we'll see you at BP2? Mike

Thanks guys.........I'd already come to the realization that next yr. will be my first BP.

Not to worry.......shows, runs & get togethers come & go........family is 4 ever.

I'm sure I see ya'll next yr. & the car will be that much MORE finsihed!

Ratty46

Latest posts

Back