Pics of my 30 sedan project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bphotrod

Started on this in Nov. It was about a 98% complete car that had been sitting in a barn since 1953
modela1.jpg

I decided to chop it before I got too carried away tearing it apart. Started with a 5inch cut but decided 5.5 looked better.I cut out the back window whole and only chopped that 3 inches. It fit the proportions of the car better.
choppedsedan.jpg

I had planned on using the original frame, but realized it would be alot less work to build a new one. So I put together a temporary level surface and bought some steel.
2008_0211frame0002.jpg

2008_0211frame0004.jpg

All my suspension pieces are ready to go, just need to get in the garage!

Really looking good so far. nice work on the frame. What kinda drivetrain are you using? keep those pics coming.

Looks Great; Keep the pics comin. I to would like to see some pics of the break that's against the wall. Sure need to build me one 6' long.:D:D

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I really appreciate it. The brake is just a home made quickie I threw together, I needed to bend up some floorpans for my last project.
goingaway.jpg

Sorry about the crappy pic, try to find some better ones.
I don't have any pics of the sedan chop in progress, it was only off for about ten minutes, and my helper had a curfew. had to work fast.

Gonna be neet!!!! Anyway I could get some good measuring points on your sedan? I am trying to fix a sedan that was cut and not braced.

Rusty

update

A little more work done, hopefully get body on the new chassis. Just getting over the flu so I've been taking it easy.
rolled out the car to make it a little easier to pull body
2008_0302MNjunkyard20001.jpg

Got the new chassis all mocked up and ready for the body
2008_0228picsBrads0001.jpg

Just need to start feeling better.

Very straight car to start with. Smart move building a whole new frame. For what it cost me to get my original Model A frame right I could have bought a reproduction one or built one from scratch.

I love little pickups done just like the one you had. Very cool. :D

Don

update

Finally managed to get the body off the old frame and set on the new one.
2008_0323polaris0002.jpg

I really over thought taking the body off, I used a floor jack and my engine lift.
2008_0323polaris0010.jpg

Once it was in the air I rolled the new chassis underneath, spent all night tonite just lining things up and more bracing.
2008_0325polaris0002.jpg

2008_0325polaris0001.jpg

Just have to make up the body mounts now.

Latest posts

Back