The Crazy Cart

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildfire

Hi All. I just found my way over here from the Honda 305 forum. I'm located in Newfoundland, Canada. Although I mostly restore old bikes, design and make tooling I love to weld and fabricate for both my business and as a hobby.

Seeing this site has that "Hot Rod" look to it I figured I might post some pictures of my latest project. I just recently purchase a new Miller 200 DX Tig welder along with the Miller Coolmate 3 and I needed to build a cart for it. I wanted it to be a little differant than most of the carts that's out there so this is what I decided to build. Hope you enjoy the results.

I went with the automotive theme and added the following:

Mag wheels.
- Custom built fenders.
- Tail lights.
- Custom front and rear bumpers and the rear bumper is a step bumper. I machined a trailer ball for it as well and added a small license plate representing our province of Newfoundland, Canada
- I added the exhaust.
- A spare wheel in the back that can be moved up to where the tank is when the tank is not on the cart (The tank is also used on my MM251).
- A dashboard looking feature on it to store the Tig rods. Just on top of the dash is a windshield and by that is a removable rod to hang my Miller helmet on.
- I made another small compartment by the windshield to put gloves in.
- Extension cord reels on the rear and to dress them up we went with the NOS decals.
- Just above the Coolmate 3, I integrated a full sliding drawer that's a must for all your incidentals.
- A special hanging bracket for the foot control pedal.
- I painted the cart with Base coat clear coat paint as well.

To add the finishing touch to the cart I asked my buddy who is about the best there is when it comes to graphic design to come up with a design for the cart. We tossed around a few ideas and he ran with it. My wife came up with and made the tank sock to hide the ugly tank as well to give it a cleaner look. I think the cart compliments the Dynasty 200 and making it a matched set.

I think it turned out nice but I'll let you be the judge of that.
I call the cart "Crazy Cart" . If you want to see some more of my work you can see some of it here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/15602393@N05/

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy seeing it. Paul

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 26
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 29
  • c13.jpg
    c13.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 36
  • c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 49
  • c4.jpg
    c4.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 71
More pics of the Crazy Cart

Attachments

• c5.jpg
    c5.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 31
  • c6.jpg
    c6.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 22
  • c7.jpg
    c7.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 15
  • c8.jpg
    c8.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 26
  • c9.jpg
    c9.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 66
This is the last of the pics

Attachments

• c11.jpg
    c11.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 25
  • c12.JPG
    c12.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 29
Welcome to RRR. That Is indeed a crazy cart you built.:eek: I'm building a cart for my lil hobart 140 but after looking at yours I realize I'm building the base model.:D

Latest posts

Back