53 bel air

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustbucket

Banned
hey guys heres my 53 bel air i just picked up for $300. minus the floor pans and rear quarters the car is pretty solid. i will be making my own floors when i body drop it, and the quarter extensions are dirt cheap. i plan on switching the body over to a 80's caprice, or g-body frame as they can be found fairly cheap and that will give me a better ride and upgraded brakes. well enough talk heres some pics, and if you guys have any commentsm or suggestions lets hear them.

Attachments

• DSCF5196.JPG
    DSCF5196.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF5198.JPG
    DSCF5198.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 34
thanks, i think it will be a good cruiser and with the other frame and suspension i will be able to drive it everywere. worst thing is going to be finding the misc. chrome and interior parts i need.

Looks very solid and the price sure won't get you hurt any. :) I've always liked these Chevys, just a little work makes them so cool.

Now you are commited to keeping us updated as you go. Lots of guys have questions about frame swaps, so if you keep detailed pictures it would help lots of people considering the same task.

Don

Last edited:
spindles

I might be interested in the spindles if you decide to get rid of them.

And I picked up the new issue of Rod and Custom today(may) and they have a section devoted to 49-54 chevy's. That's a nice ride you got there. I would like to have one to build a gasser out of someday.

thanks yeah ill let you know on the spindles, shouldnt be a problem i actually thought about going the gasser route but i will save that for my next project.

Latest posts

Back