50 International

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitruk

My aim is an almost stock appearing truck that runs and drives good.

standard.jpg

Looks like a 4wd here but thats just because the running boards aren't on it

standard.jpg

They make it right

standard.jpg

mocked up with all the body parts to trim fenderwells and build radiator mounts

I like it!!!

Rabbit,
I really like u're truck & looks like u got a great helper there! Gotta teach 'um early!!! Please keep us updated on u're progress!!!

BoB

Tell us moreabout your plans for the truck. What driveline is in it? Keep the pics coming. Nice truck, great kid, super dog!

Well the truck was originally purchased as a runner, it wasn't quite that. The 220 was locked up tight and after several months of soaking the cylinders and eventually wringing off the crank bolt with a 10 foot cheater I picked up a 1990 V8 Dakota for 200 bucks. The fuel injection harness had burned off but it didn't get too hot. So a good 318, overdrive transmission, and rack and pinion steering on a frame that matched the wheelbase within an inch. It was a simple matter of moving things around. :D the dropped frame let me just cut my International frame, set it on top and there you go. Cab mounts and front bed mounts. All I lack now is finishing up.

Ted

Gauges

The gauges are Autometer vintage for a 53 Chevrolet from Summit. I liked the looks and they closely resemble the stock stuff. Fit just right too. With an International many things from the big 3 work.
standard.jpg

I really like those gauges , here`s the dash from my 48 IH , similar gauges .

Attachments

• IM000072f (Medium).JPG
    IM000072f (Medium).JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IM000075f (Medium).JPG
    IM000075f (Medium).JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 34
Like the truck! I got a 52 IH I'm plannin on ratn out.I gotta get some pics posted.Love the guages, gives me a good idea for mine.Keep us posted.

Another IHC for the works!:D
I likes this happening.
There are only a small handfull of us building these once great trucks. They were built to outlast any other trucks on the road. Good to see your choice of truck is top of the line:D
Nice start on a great truck.

Maximo

Latest posts

Back