pics. of my 41

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking good!

I already asked that in another thread.
"the front axel is 2x2 x1/4 wall tube with jeep c's on the end"

interesting look huh?

Lookin' good!!!

NN,
That's lookin' sharp.... love that front end too! Can't believe all that white stuff on da ground!

BoB

working on the headers today. vthere not done yet but getting close. i liked the lake headers thay sell in speedway 150.00 but dont want to spend the money so i built my own for about 25.00. and you wont see these on to many other if any rods at a show
what ya think

nice build !looks like its comeing along nicely ,love the front end but would fill better seeing some kind of gussets on the top of the axle,you could make them out of webs to match the frame and it would look good too.
[please dont take that the wrong way ,i just thought i would mention it ] , a little insurance wouldnt hurt anything.
glade to hear that your gonna chop it but its a shame i gotta wait all the way till next year to see it [i aint got no patients man!!!]
whats the grill shell from ?looks cool!

thanks guys. iv been working hard on getting this done by spring.
the grill is AC wd45. im hoping to take the truck to get a rad made for it next week.

not sure were you think the guessets should be????

front springs

I know your not the first one to do a front spring set up this way. But for the life of me I dont understand how that set up can work. Could you give an explanation on how it works. Also is scrubline gonna be an issue ?

the front springs work the same way. there stacked under the main leaf.
I see how the leaves are under the main leaf but still dont understand.In the usual set up with the spring between the axle and the frame,when the wheel hits a bump ,the axle goes up compressing the spring and somewhat isolating the frame from the bump. In yor set up the spring and frame are hanging from the axle,when you hit a bump it looks like the axle will go up pulling the spring and the axle up with it.how does this cushion the frame ? I'm not saying it wont work I just cant see how.

Absolutely B.A.
Would that mean absolutely bass ackwards. meaning?
On the bow string explanation, you mean the axel going up pulls the spring into compression and the frame does not go up as quick as the spring ? and when the axle comes back down the spring which is now in compression cushions the down ward force of the spring. Very good , simple explanation . thanks

Latest posts

Back