My Harleys..

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaJoker

Hey guys, I have two Harleys at the moment. My "daily driver", a 93 Sportster. It's a Hugger model that's been punched out to 1200, added forwards. Here's a rather older pic, right around when I picked her up back in 2002:

Vacation and Harley 017-640x480.jpg

She's had quite a bit of work done to her since that day. Off came the saddle bags, they were cut up to make a small tool bag that hangs off the side now. The chrome oil bag and battery tray have been replaced with a much strong design in flat black. Both brake lines have been replaced, the front with stainless. Trigger levers added to easy in hand fatigue from clutch and brake pull. Air cleaner changed out to a tear drop design with proper vent routing for the crankcase venting. Mufflers now race application shorties. Seat switched out for a much more comfy Mustang vintage wide. Tank replaced with a 70's era Mustang one piece fatbob. Will try to get a couple new pics in the next few days. Been meaning to snap a few more recent anyway.

Here's my 1950 WL. Picked it up in a barn from a college friend. It was his grandad's, bought new in 1951. It sat for around 17 years in the family farm barn. Took a while working on this one. About 4 years of work went in to it (while we both were in college) to get it where it is, and then it sat again for around 5 years when he lost interest, and I moved and forgot about it. He offered to let me buy out his half which I did, and have been riding it for a few years now after getting it back in running order again. And unfortunately, it's sitting again due to carb issues. Have the carb rebuild kit for it, but don't know jack about carbs, so it's not been on my priority list to learn. Honestly, have been thinking about selling it. If anyone is wanting a nice, clean old Harley let me know. Would be looking to get around what I have in it, which is about 10,500. Anyway, here are a few pics:

wl-resized.gif

wl-resized2.gif

Very nice.....!! If you have the stock brass bodied Linkert carb on that WL, it should be a piece of cake to rebuild. ............Get a good picture(exploded view) of the carb. The only real gasket is on the bowl, the rest needs to be cleaned and re-assembled........look at the picture close........there is a small washer under the spring on the low speed needle, it is very important, I say this because I have rebuilt many of there carbs and most had that washer missing.......it is actually an air jet. If I can help just PM me. I started working on those things around '63.........

Yep, it's the original Linkert. Still has a cork float (which seems to be my biggest problem with it) and I have a rebuild kit that has a brass float. Just don't seem to have the motivation I guess. You would think I would because the thing is an absolute blast to ride and gets looks everywhere I went on it.

Very nice!

DaJoker,
Your '50 Harley is incredible! I can't imagine selling it as it will only go up in value and I can't remember the last time I saw one as nice! It must be a blast to drive.

BD

Well, I took more photos of the little red sporty tonight, or rather my wife did, but not to post here. Unfortunately, the pics taken tonight were to show a court the damage that was done to it when a "neighbor" decided to push it over. Not to burden you guys with this, but the basics are, a drunk lives next door. Because he keeps losing his job, to keep the house he has all sorts of "questionable" folks moving in all the time to make his mortgage. I've lived with it for a year or so because as long as they kept to themselves it was cool, I wasn't gonna cause them any trouble. Tonight however, one of his latest move-ins decided to shove my bike over after my wife called the cops on her for beating the crap out of yet another move-in.

About 1200-1300 in damages I would guess. Handlebars are shot, both turn signals on the right side, exhaust mount brackets are mangled, front muffler is bent to hell, rear is scratched like mad, right strut is bent to hell, which of course means so is the rear fender. Suprisingly I kept my cool and didn't land myself in the cop jewelry. I got fairly lucky though, as you can see in the first pic of the 1950, my driveway ends, and there begins a fairly large sloping hill that is my side and back yards. If the Sporty were pushed with just a bit more force, down the hill it would have went. Also luckily, the 1950 is under lock and key in my 12x10 shed.

Times like this I REALLY wish I went with a house with a garage instead of the finished basement. Thanks for letting me vent.

Dude!!!!!!!!!!

Also luckily, the 1950 is under lock and key in my 12x10 shed.

Times like this I REALLY wish I went with a house with a garage instead of the finished basement. Thanks for letting me vent.

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how u kept u're kool!!! OMG... that guy would have been takin' to Mr Double-Barrel 12 Gauge!

Did u see GetCarter's recent posts!?!?

Glad u had the '50 locked up!!!

BoB

I don't own any guns (not that I am opposed to guns, just never really got into them) so that seems to help. And the fact that is wasn't a guy, but rather a female was also a help I guess. Still, I don't think I would have kept my cool had it been the 1950 sitting the driveway for a cool down before it went back in the shed. Unfortunately, that was the case with the Sporty. I never put my bikes away hot and it just happened to be a target tonight. BTW, the cops that showed up were cool as hell. One cop quipped that would it have been the 1950 that was shoved over after looking at all the damage to the sporty, he would have just shot the woman himself as he was a fellow Harley owner. 3 cops later, and the woman was carted off the in back of a cruiser. They have said they make make it their personal project to come over on a regular basis until the drunk next door just gives up and sells the house.

Gb 12!!!

I don't own any guns (not that I am opposed to guns, just never really got into them) so that seems to help.

Joker,
Well here in Tejas people are afraid to do stuff like that because most of us are armed to the teeth! I have quite a few 9's & I love my special friend... Mr. DB Shoot 'um up gun! Just had some fatalities... special tip from the Tripper... don't try to steal cars here @ nite. Bad for u're health!

And the fact that is wasn't a guy, but rather a female was also a help I guess.

Now that IS a trip!!!

BoB

Latest posts

Back