New older ride

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abomb

Banned
Got this yesterday from a friend's widow. I painted it for him 7 years ago, and have always wanted it, though I knew he would never sell it. I pretty happy to own it, but on the other hand, I know that my buddy wouldn't have ever parted with it while alive.......

S2010016.jpg

S2010015.jpg

S2010014.jpg

Some of you guys and gals may remember the superglide I got last fall, it came from the same place, his widow wanted to keep the sidecar bike, but now she's ready to try out 2 wheels, so we sorta swapped back

IrisandTod001.jpg

Nice of you to make the swap for the widow's sake. I'm not a bike rider but I like the style of both of the ones pictured.

That bagger/sidcar caombo is nice Abomb. Nice flames you did too. It's hard to beat a bike like that if you ever take trips. I love mine. I don't have a sidecar, just a Roadking.

That bagger/sidcar caombo is nice Abomb. Nice flames you did too. It's hard to beat a bike like that if you ever take trips. I love mine. I don't have a sidecar, just a Roadking.

I've got a 99 road king classic as well. This will be nice though, the guys I ride with have Sunday morning breakfast runs, and I have a young son. My wife doesn't like to drive along behind me with the kid, so now we can all go together. Here's our other ride in the Black Hills a couple years ago.

PICT0450-1.jpg

Nice, nice for her too. I have always liked hacks but really they kind of ruin a bike for riding and the gondola is just plain scarey to ride in. Loose the hack and take a roadster if you need air in your hair and passengers, way more fun after the novelty wears off.

Nice, nice for her too. I have always liked hacks but really they kind of ruin a bike for riding and the gondola is just plain scarey to ride in. Loose the hack and take a roadster if you need air in your hair and passengers, way more fun after the novelty wears off.

Well, I have a bike for riding already, and a typical roadster only seats two, too....so the hack makes perfect sense for the 3 of us. My kid absolutley loves to ride in the sidecar, and he's actually too small to legally ride on my other bike. Most state laws say that any passenger must have a dedicated seat and foot pegs, my boy is 3 1/2 years old, and cannot reach the foot pegs, plus, I wouldn't feel comfortable trusting him to hang on byhimself behind me just yet. I doubt the novelty will wear off for me, this belonged to guy that was like a father to me, he raised his kids in this rig, so it'll do fine for my kid.

All this doesn't mean a lakes style open car is not in my future, however : )

Well, I have a bike for riding already, and a typical roadster only seats two, too....so the hack makes perfect sense for the 3 of us. My kid absolutley loves to ride in the sidecar, and he's actually too small to legally ride on my other bike. Most state laws say that any passenger must have a dedicated seat and foot pegs, my boy is 3 1/2 years old, and cannot reach the foot pegs, plus, I wouldn't feel comfortable trusting him to hang on byhimself behind me just yet. I doubt the novelty will wear off for me, this belonged to guy that was like a father to me, he raised his kids in this rig, so it'll do fine for my kid.

All this doesn't mean a lakes style open car is not in my future, however : )

Yeah, maybe it was just scarey for me because I weigh 250 and am used to being in control. How do seat belt laws affect the tyke in the hack?

Yeah, maybe it was just scarey for me because I weigh 250 and am used to being in control. How do seat belt laws affect the tyke in the hack?

I'm not real sure about the laws, but I did put a lap belt in, attatched to the chassis of the hack. Hopefully that will pacify the men in blue. It would be better to have a harness or at least a lap / shoulder belt combo, but I can't see a safe way to install one. Worst case scenario, I'll have to get a longer belt and run a child seat, but he's out growing those as we speak.

Latest posts

Back