Project Update

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vintagered13

Maybe you guys will be appreciate this. It's my first build and it's coming along.

DSCF4690.jpg

DSCF4691.jpg

DSCF4692.jpg

DSCF4693.jpg

DSCF4696.jpg

Last edited:
looks real good so far. One question. Did that bodyline go all the way around the cab before? If so, why shave part of it? If not, forget I said anything.

Either way I can't wait to see what you come up with. And sanding sucks, I hate it. :mad:

Looks good. You are doing my very alltime most hated least favorite job........body work. Did I mention, I hate bodywork? :(:( Guess that is why I build hot rods with small bodies instead of big old '50's customs.

What are your plans for the rest of the truck?

Don

Hey guys,

No unfortunately the body line didn't extend the full way around the truck. Since it's half car, it never extended past where it is now. I tried to fade it into the body so it looked ok. But a missing body line is a missing bodyline. hahahha

I attached a pic of what I want it to look like. Quick photoshop work.
Mypickup1.jpg

update

Too nice to be around here!! Just kidding, nice work, keep us posted!!!....grouchy

HAHHAHAHAH. Too ****ty to be on Hamb, too nice to be here. Story of my life.

Well since last post she turned black and the bed got more crazy modified. I'll post pics as soon as I get them. I wanted it to be done by my B-day this saturday, but hell the progress it's making, I can't feel bad. It'll get there.

Here is the latest update.

I waited for a long time, but I finally managed to locate some JD Blitz black. All I can say is wow. Some good stuff. So far the bed, doors, cab, front fenders, cowl, and fender extensions are painted. I'm off tot he junkyard this weekend to see if I can locate some friggin fenders for the rear. Probably not, but I love just being in this yard. Old tin everywhere, and one old man with a torch helping me out.

2415703627_b520bf35d4_o.jpg

2416524826_13524cfea7_o.jpg

2416524628_56842f7a1b_o.jpg

2415703545_6c5fdef23e_o.jpg

2415703365_1559272ff0_o.jpg

Latest posts

Back