New Project 41-46 Chevy Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrodron

Drives the Batmobile... er... Ratmobile!
So I realized I haven't posted this on here yet. Oops! Didn't mean to be holding out on everyone.:)

So I started a new project. Its a 41-46 Chevy Truck. Not sure exactly how to tell which year in particular, but its in there somewhere.

Here's the cab when it first came home to my cramped little garage....
(Please excuse the low quality cell phone pics)

mychev3.jpg

Got the roof all hammered out and back to its "somewhat original" shape.

46update4.jpg

Got it down to metal and primed (Metal rusts overnight here in the great Northeast)

46update5.jpg

Picked this up for out front....

46update3.jpg

Split the wishbones and started cleaning those up a little.

Picked up a seat and a hood.....

46update9.jpg

46update7.jpg

46update8.jpg

Tight quarters, not much room to work in here. :D

46update6.jpg

Also picked this guy up. Got all the roof pieces with it too, so I can use the rear window opening to fix the one in the other one. It has some cancer around the frame. This one also has a complete dash, glovebox door, all the dash knobs everything - the other cab has no dash. Not sure what the plans are for this one yet, but I'm sure I'll figure something out...

lfeclone2.jpg

looks like a nice build. are you going with fenders? and do you want to sell the roadster cab?

Kool!!!

Ron,
Nice catch guy!!! I love them both but I really love that roadster!!! Got a soft spot for roadsters & that one looks sweet! Can't wait to follow u're project... gonna b *nice*!!! And I'm sure u could sell that roadster body easily too!

BoB

Latest posts

Back