Scroungers CC Cruise. Cincy Ohio area 5-3-08

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebstew

567456y.jpg

The Scroungers C.C. will be having a cruise to Rabbit Hash Ky on May 3, 2008. This is not a sit in your lawn chair event. Do you remember when a cruise was a cruise? You really got in your car and went some place with other hot rodders. Well this is what this is. If I wanted to sit in lawn chairs and look at cars I can do that on my porch. We will be meeting at:

Steve Stewarts house
317 Lindsey St.
Newport, Ky 41071

We will be leaving Newport at 1 p.m. sharp that Saturday. John Schmidt will be our Road Captain for the day in his 72 GTO. We are a traditional style car club but the cruise is open to any car and everyone is welcome to join in. It is a drive through a couple of small towns and then onto a country road were the hot sun gets lost by some trees while you get a nice cool breeze. We will end up at the Rabbit Hash General Store. The Store has been open since 1831! We will park and give the town and store a walk through. If we are lucky we may get to meet the mayor. He's a dog by the way. After we all have our fill of the small town(don't blink or you will miss it) then we will head back to Newport where we will be having a grillout one block down the street from where we started at., John and Lori's house. There will be plenty of parking.
After the grillout we may take another cruise through town and hang out on the main drag for a while.
You do not have to be in the club to go on the cruise or to stop at the grill out. Everyone is invited. Bring the family.

http://www.rabbithashusa.com/

Rabbit hatch

Dude, I aint been to Rabbit Hash for a couple of years. Does the mayor still come out and greet ya hoping for some bistcuts?
Wish I had a car to come make that cruise, I could always come down on the bike, those are some awesome cruising roads. Hmmm Newport, you can get the best sandwich on Pretzel bread from,...? What's the name of the German place?
Have fun,................

Dude, I aint been to Rabbit Hash for a couple of years. Does the mayor still come out and greet ya hoping for some bistcuts?
Wish I had a car to come make that cruise, I could always come down on the bike, those are some awesome cruising roads. Hmmm Newport, you can get the best sandwich on Pretzel bread from,...? What's the name of the German place?
Have fun,................

Believe it or not some jerk called the state in on the mayor because he was in the store. They had to kick him out of the store and he doesn't come around there much anymore.
I can't think of the German place you are talking about. Newport does have a lot of nice choke and pukes though. At one time Newport was the best place to get a lap dance but those days are "almost over" .
Ride your bike down. I was going to post that if anyone road they could bring their bike. If you ride down there may be a car with a empty seat that you could jump in for the ride. This should be a pretty nice time and the grillout afterward will be followed by some more late night cruising in Newport for anyone that wants to hang out late.

Hey rebstew. Do you guys go through Warsaw Ky, on your cruise? That's where my family lives. Oh, and I wonder if Jerry Springer remembers those Newport lap dances :D

Hey rebstew. Do you guys go through Warsaw Ky, on your cruise? That's where my family lives. Oh, and I wonder if Jerry Springer remembers those Newport lap dances :D

I'm not sure. I let a guy Road Captain for the day and he is picking out our route. I haven't ask him where we are going. I have enough on my plate making sure everything else goes right.
It should be a great time.
I'm sure Jerry remembers those dancers. lol sad to say that he was our guest speaker at graduation at Newport High School.
What a goofball, paying a hooker with a check. I wonder how many of these guys on here knows that. lol:D

Less than a week away. I hope some of you local guys can make this run. Starts at 1 P.M. sharp. It should be a great time. If you can't make the cruise stop down around 5 p.m. for the grillout at John and Lori's house. 436 Lindsey St, Newport, KY 41071 it's on the corner..
Plenty of stuff to do and the kids are welcome.

Just some teaser pics from me and Johns rode trip to plan out the route we will take.

Are you tired? Have a seat. No your girl can't sit next to you!
Picture1408.jpg

Need some gas? I hope you filled up before you started the cruise because these don't work anymore
Picture1400.jpg

Yeah there are a few old signs hanging around.
Picture1401.jpg

And this is for you Yankees, Get use to pulling splinters out of your butt cheek 'cause this is the only rest room in Rabbit Hash, Ky!
Picture1402.jpg

AND YES we did find some old iron on the way down there!! A lot more pics after Saturday I hope....

Nice facilities!

Just some teaser pics from me and Johns rode trip to plan out the route we will take.

Reb,
Dude... those facilities are top notch!!! :eek::eek: Love to be there but that potty doesn't look to inviting to the old Tripper! :D Good luck with the show... I'm sure it'll be a kool one!!!

BoB

Latest posts

Back