A show from across the pond

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGGLES!

Went to a Rod & Custom show at the National Motor Museum over the weekend, so thought I would share...

First some rats...

WheelerShowBeaulieu125.jpg

Think he's running a bit rich judging by the soot on the door!

WheelerShowBeaulieu127.jpg

very cool air intake... an old Lucus headlamp housing

WheelerShowBeaulieu128.jpg

WheelerShowBeaulieu80.jpg

WheelerShowBeaulieu96.jpg

still more pics...

Now for something Britsh...

WheelerShowBeaulieu100.jpg

60's Vauxhall Velox or Cresta (dependent on original engine) Vauxhall is now part of GM "World Brands"

WheelerShowBeaulieu101.jpg

Morris Minor

WheelerShowBeaulieu108.jpg

mid 50's Ford Consul a popular Brit Custom due to its American styling

WheelerShowBeaulieu97.jpg

Early Austin I'm guessing at a 10hp hard to tell as it been choped up so much.

WheelerShowBeaulieu107.jpg

Oops another "sit up and beg" Ford for Tripper

good grief more pics...

Now for my favourites...

The guy that owes this one goes by the Forum name of Krip Fink (as he puts it had an accident that put him in a wheelchair Christopher Reeves style) it has a ramp in the back for his chair - whos says a disability means you are not "able" to enjoy your hobby...

WheelerShowBeaulieu135.jpg

WheelerShowBeaulieu138.jpg

WheelerShowBeaulieu137.jpg

WheelerShowBeaulieu139.jpg

What a brilliant use of a delivery wagon :cool:

what more!

Another favourite, this is a Humber Super Snipe (a big Brit 50's "poormans" Limo - a popular funeral car) it has been chopped and dropped and polished...

WheelerShowBeaulieu115.jpg

WheelerShowBeaulieu118.jpg

WheelerShowBeaulieu117.jpg

Another Ford this time a 100E Popular or maybe an Anglia was 1100cc now a 2000cc Ford Pinto with a supercharger

WheelerShowBeaulieu109.jpg

WheelerShowBeaulieu110.jpg

Last few I promise...

First 3 are by Andy Saunders Britains most prolific customiser

WheelerShowBeaulieu95.jpg

World Record Lowest Car built in 3 days at our biggest Autojumble (Swapmeet)

WheelerShowBeaulieu68.jpg

Yes it is road legal no it wont float

WheelerShowBeaulieu47.jpg

Reconstruction of a Ford Concept car

Now two Barris cars

WheelerShowBeaulieu34.jpg

The Snake Pit - 6 Ford Cobra 302cu in engines!!!

WheelerShowBeaulieu56.jpg

Alvins Acorn - only the best customiser for the most famous Chipmunk

Wow, those are some geat looking cars. Thanks for posting and no I wasn't bored. There looks to be a lot of old American Iron over there. What are the prices for an old US car there? I can imagine that speed equipment can be kind of pricey.

:Thanks for all the nice show photos BIGGLES. I really enjoyed them. So many nice cars there. By the way, the red 100E is in fact an Anglia not a Pop. Up until 1953, the "sit up an beg" E494A cars were badged as Anglias. In 1953, the 100E came into production and took over the Anglia badging. From 1953 to 1959, the E494A "sit up and beg" cars were rebadged as 103E Populars even though the car remained unchanged. Tripper doesn't have an Anglia/Pop, but I do and so does Bob W. :D

Last edited:
You guys have a thriving car scene over there. Lots of traditional rods along with a good variety of everything else. Thanks for posting the pics.

Nice stuff Biggs, thanks for posting. I have a Humber Super Snipe at my house. Its newer and not as nice as the one you pictured and some one came by over the last couple of weeks and broke out all the side windows:(

Latest posts

Back