opportunity to buy lincoln welder...deal or not?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omar

hey everyone i have a chance to buy a "lincoln sp-125 plus" from a guy for $550. what do you guys think of this unit? is this price too high? im going to be chopping , channeling, and Z'ing my frame. is this up to the job?
thanks for any input ,
omar

I think you can get a similar unit in home depot or lowes , for under $300 , it will work for sheetmetal but is too small for heavy stuff , you should be able to get a Lincoln 175 which is 220v for $550 , it is heavy enough to do all the things you listed

24 speaks the truth! Yep, that is priced too high, unless it comes with a bottle, wire, etc. The more the better. I own both, but I like my 175 much mo betta.

Also, we have mentioned this a bunch of times before, but for any of the newer guys thinking of buying a Mig, save your money and buy a 220 Volt one. The 110 versions are fine for thin stuff like bodys, but when you start adding brackets and building frames you need the deep penetration only a 220 can give.

Plus, it is a piece of equipment you will have for years and years to come.

Don

Latest posts

Back